• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CRUISIN' THE COAST 2020 Mississippi Gulf Coast..Hurricane DELTA gone, IT'S ON! Saturday 10/10!

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
I am still "wrenching" on the Roadrunner and the GTO, but I'll be finished sometime today...:praying:
Reconnect wiring on my electric radiator fan. Fill w/coolant and check ops.
Oil and filter changes on both cars.
Side mirror replacement on GTO.
Wash both cars. (May have to wait til tomorrow morning)
Wave/Holla at me if you see me there!
Screenshot_20200909-125524_Photos.jpg
20201001_154137.jpg

I'll keep an eye out. Was planning to drive my 59 Cadillac down there with some friends but looks like a lot of rain. Hmmm

Be safe and have fun bio,I hope all gos well with you on the CC. And dont let your wife blow your doors off in her GTO :lol:

I changed out the electric fan motor, hooked it all back up, works fine. Coolant, both cars oil and filter changes are next.
And dont let your wife blow your doors off in her GTO
I've been a better driver, and the GTO needs some tuning..otherwise the GTO could be faster....I just haven't found the time.. :poke::D

Wish i was there. Enjoy. Beautiful Gulf Coast!

Wish i was there. Enjoy. Beautiful Gulf Coast!
It was GREAT to have you and the Mrs down SOUTH last year!!!
You wish you were here more than you know...I know that may sound funny, but:
NO MASKS, No "Gavin Newsom" and nothing is on fire...

Take tonnes of pictures please, post 'em up when you can. This event is on my must do list.

Hope that is the case! My old heap is pretty leaky
Look, last week that "ended" today is the kind of weather typical for Cruisin the Coast. ZERO rain, cool temps, dry. That's because this is the time of year when cool/cold fronts actually make their way through the South without stalling.
:thumbsup: :lowdown: :confederateflag: :bananadance:
Unfortunately, this is still hurricane season...Two years ago, on Saturday at the end of the week of CtC, the BIGGEST day of the week long event, it was canceled for that day because of a hurricane.
Unfortunately there are some threats in the Gulf, but until and if they affect our weather, it's going to be BEAUTIFUL!

Looking good, Bio. I've gotta hand it to you. Never thought you'd get through that punch list you had. Keeping good thoughts that all goes well and you have a great week...

Don't need the tech stuff,,, where's the pics(?) lol.

DAMN ELECTRIC FANS!! F'D AGAIN!
20201004_184348.jpg

This is the SECOND fan motor that has burned up then locked up. Trips the 200 AMP main breaker. NO HEADLIGHTS, NO AC, NOTHING ELSE ON, so I don't see how my "fairly certain" theory that it was the headlights drawing too much power, especially w/the high beams on, and that caused a current drop and concurrent voltage increase to the fan, making it burn up...NOPE!
I can't understand how the wiring could be the problem.
This is the fan manufacturer:
20201004_184359.jpg

So now what? I barely have enough room for this fan and shroud setup and it's only 2⅝" deep. It works FINE right up to the point where it burns up...
"Hey Maverick, that's some of the best flying I've seen yet, right up to the point where you got killed"...
I can't even use a mechanical fan. Here's the wiring of my fan:
20201004_184412.jpg 20201004_184419.jpg
20201004_184424.jpg

Last edited:
I think you could use a flex fan with a 1 inch spacer,I had a tight 3 inches and with the setup I have about 1 1/2 off of radiator. they also sell a 1/2 spacer but the back of the fan might be to close to the PS unit. I am using a shroud.

I know a 1" spacer won't clear the Wraptor from the experience with my wife's car, but I will be exploring any other options.

Screenshot_20201004-194042_Gallery.jpg

140 AMP alternator. The only things using power this time when this happened was:
Ignition system
Radiator fan
Dakota Digital gauges and DD fan control module, and all of the DD stuff doesn't draw much power.
I don't understand why one or both of the 30 amp breakers don't trip before the 200 AMP breaker.
NONE OF THIS SHOUD BE HAPPENING!
2 different mechanics, 2 different cars, BOTH having serious problems AFTER they said "car is ready:bs:, pay me and pick up the car".
:BangHead::mob::mad::cursin::soapbox:
Mechanics-->:nutkick:<--me

I'll be driving to Memphis with a few friends tomorrow and if everything goes well arrive in Biloxi Tuesday.

I'll keep an eye out for you :)

Do you have a photo of your fans? I could bring you the low profile dual fans from my Charger if they would interchange.

z9sQ41.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back