• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom B body front seats

dodge68charger

Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone done something different with their front seats on their b bodys. Im looking for something different. I Like legendarys rallye seats but you cant get the foam only. Any pics or input would be great. Thanks

Looking for non-stock front seats (mostly bucket type) the options are endless.........one can pick up very nice used bucket seats at pretty much any auto recycle yard at very reasonable prices and most will have power options........try doing a search on the internet for custom seats in whatever model & year your car is.........I also have been looking into this.....late model factory bucket seats are alot more comfortable then the older stock seats but I do suggest that if you do replace your stock seats that you keep your old ones for later down the road you or the next owner might want to bring the car back to original.

Bucket seats>>>>

65_impala_ss_427_4_speed_3.jpgI have been thinking about getting 1965 Chevy Impala buckets. My Impala had them and they were great looking and very comfy. The trim is nicer looking than the 67 Coronet ones.

Sebring convertible bucket seats have the shoulder harness built in to them. You can get the multi adjustable electric driver seat which is very comfy. I have a friend who put them in several cars including a '65 Ply Satellite. I have a set but found an issue in that there is a lot of electrical interface for locking the belts which ties to the air bag system and ?????? I traced it out and can make a by-pass system to make them usable. It's just a pain in the neck. Now I have to put the seat back together as I tore it all apart to find the issue.

My friend didn't have this issue with his seats and we believe his were an earlier year before the extra safety locks. The issue is the belt won't release without power. I think it's maybe the pre-94 models that are good. If the belts pull in and out properly out of the car or without a battery in the car they should be the right ones. Otherwise you will have to make an over-ride system.

I am going back with the original bench seat with a fold down middle arm for my '63 Fury convertible just going to have a custom covering on it, but I do like the Sebring seat option mentioned above, but when I was debating going to buckets I liked the seats that swivel outwards toward the door opening. I think GM made them and maybe some Ford did for T-Birds also. I thought as I get older it would make it easier to get in and out of the car.

here is a pic of the custom seats in my 66 Charger I had made. I bought the legendary foam and the shop added some bolstering. I had all seats embroidered and the shop made my design come to life. Any good upholstery shop should be able to do just about anything you want.
IMG_4264.jpg

This months Mopar Muscle has an article on a new kit available, but they are a more modern style.

Late model seats in the Coronet. Late meaning 1989 FWD Daytona. Best change ever. On the existing tracks. 500 mile days no problem. Comfy.

1967 Chevelle Buckets

IMAG0571.jpgThese cane with the car, comfortable and no bolster. When I replaced floor pans doubler plates were put in place. Seat parts are reasonably priced.

WP_20130111_001.jpg

Joel

I'm stuck in this debate right now especially because I'm in a position right now to spend money on my factory bench getting it re-sprung foamed. Especially since my car is going the pro-touring direction buckets would be nice.

I drove from South Carolina to Seattle and back in my 65 Impala SS 454 auto. The seats were very comfortable. The wide chrome trim around the back is a standout for me, it just looks great in a clean interior.

The Corbeau Sport Seat or their GTS II look like they may suit the b-bodies - pricing seems good too ($1000 for 2 leather Sport Seat seems reasonable). Does anyone have experience with them ? They'd be great fer racin'

Wow, Kellycom, those look really nice. That embroidery is impressive.
BTW, let me know if you need to replace that ripped rear arm rest. ;-)

Thanks ODZKing.
I need to replace all the arm rests. Your eagle eye spotted the passenger rear and as luck would have it. The driver's front is ripped in spots. I have new seat front seat belts coming for it. The interior is a work in progress. But not much left to do.

Here is my interior restoration post. I also posted a before and after with the new wheels and tires I bought.

Thanks ODZKing.
I need to replace all the arm rests. Your eagle eye spotted the passenger rear and as luck would have it. The driver's front is ripped in spots. I have new seat front seat belts coming for it. The interior is a work in progress. But not much left to do.

Here is my interior restoration post. I also posted a before and after with the new wheels and tires I bought.
Well, I have one if you need it.

The Corbeau Sport Seat or their GTS II look like they may suit the b-bodies - pricing seems good too ($1000 for 2 leather Sport Seat seems reasonable). Does anyone have experience with them ? They'd be great fer racin'

I've got the GTS II in leather with suede centers in my 69 charger. They look and feel great! Installed perfectly with no mods.

DSC04928.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back