• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom driveshaft for ford 8.8 rear end on 70 belvedere

1970lynch

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Need advices and tips on drivetrain for 1970 belvedere. Used to be a slant six with 3 on the tree and 7 1/4 rear end. Will have 383 with 727tf. First things first, why i am using ford rear end on mopar: i am from saint petersburg russia and it is impossible to find here any heavy duty mopar rear end. Heard people do such swap on a bodies so was lucky enough to find one from 2000 ford explorer with disc breaks. As stock driveshaft was garbage now i all new drivetrain. There are few driveshaft shops who makes new driveahafts here but mostly specializes on modern vehicles so i have to give them exact manual of what i need. As i am new to restoration need basic advices on yokes, u-joints and driveshaft itself. I am looking for about 400-450 hp on this setup so do i need to buy forged steel yoke and u joints or cast iron good enough? What driveshaft diameter is good for this setup 3 or 3,5 inch? Is there any benefits of aluminum driveshafts at this level of power? Looking to have good street machine with weekend drag on strip.
thanks for the replies

I think with a TF you can rely on stock style components. Do you have drag strips in Russia?
Mike

I think with a TF you can rely on stock style components. Do you have drag strips in Russia?
Mike
We have few. Check on youtube for RDRC events and Russian Weekend Drags. It is not such a bug scene but we trying to make classic drag more popular here.

Auto Transport Service
Back