• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cut outs under rear bumper 1962

62Fury

Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
1962 Fury has cut outs under rear bumper. Anyone know why these are there? Curious if they are for running rectangular tail pipes through the rear? See Photo. Thanks
-DSC2190.jpg

My 62 belv has em also.. just for the bumper bracket and the jack...

1681405671513.jpeg

BTW.. that's not a fury it's a belvedere.. fury is 3 lights per side. I need to find some of that paint.. have seen it called a few things now

BTW.. that's not a fury it's a belvedere.. fury is 3 lights per side. I need to find some of that paint.. have seen it called a few things now
I know its not a Fury, just quick copied and pasted that for reference, here's my Fury rear. :thumbsup:

fury1.JPG

I would have said a Fury had two, a Sport Fury three.
What do I know, I've only got one.....
Is that correct? i thought it was savoy 1 belv 2, fury 3... just the sport has 3?

Honestly dont know. Even a Savoy could have two, with the optional backup lights.
Well guess i learned something :) i think we can both agree that 3 is just showing off though...

Auto Transport Service
Back