• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cut to fit ignition wires. Which one

dodge68charger

Local time
8:06 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some cut to fit black msd or equivilent spark plug wires for my 440 engine with tti shorty headers. Can anyone recommend a set and what type of boot you used(angle).. Im running a stock distributor and cap. Does the mm size matter? Thanks guys

i get a little involved in spark plug wires. i buy the bulk msd wire and use taylor boots and terminals. i cut everything to fit and have the tool to make it happen. i believe this is the best way for a custom fit.

straights or 90's whichever you prefer. i've found straights easier to work with.

I bought the Taylor universal plug wires with 45 degree boots, work great with my Hooker Super Comps. Straights hit my passenger inner fender and 90 won't work on all of the plugs but the 45's seem to work for every cylinder.

i bought bulk msd 8.5mm wire, i ahve a msd hei dizzy so i had to get 90* hei boots and terminals. and for the plug side i got 90* plug boots and terminals.
bought the MSD wire cutter and crimper tool, works awesome.

for stock you just need the right 90* terminals that will fit the wire you decide to use. best way as i originally bought the msd kit to suit a 440 and the wires were way to long on some and way to short on others for how i wanted to run my wires.

Auto Transport Service
Back