• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cylinder wall thickness of 400 blocks

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
My old 400 block needed 0.060 over to clean up the bore. I bought another that cleaned up at less to match my rotating assembly. I have no use for a stock displacement 400, so my only reason to keep it around would be a spare for another stroker build. However most places don’t seem to sell kits for 0.060. Are the cylinder walls probably thick enough to justify keeping it as a spare, or would you guys say it’s not really usable for a higher power build when it’s bored that big?

I know sonic testing is the only way to be sure.

Keep it will do fine at .060 over I still say get it sonic tested If you were closer I would either take it off yours hands or even test it for you.

I bored my last one .040, which worked out the same as a .060 over 440, without any issues. I am interested in other people's experience as I may be doing another 400 in the near future.

Sonic test always should be done. One will never know. As far as .060 over 440 source has them. Indy has them. Where are you looking?

Auto Transport Service
Back