• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D250 blower resistor question.

747mopar

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
My dad kindly asked for A/C to be added to his truck and to my surprise it turned out to be a pretty easy upgrade except one thing, the resistor? His original heat only box had the resistor built right into it but the A/C box doesn't.. no hole anywhere for it. The A/C box along with all of the needed wiring and controls came from an 89 that was scrapped years ago so I have nothing to reference only online searches which shows it being mounted in the cowl?? Is this correct and if so where does the wiring pass through the firewall?

Screenshot_20201020-203827.png

I assume it is a Dakota. Resistor was on the firewall and the wiring went into the main harness. What are you using for a/c? A kit?

Have you tried the "for Trucks only" site?
Mike
The build is on FTO, no help yet over there yet. This is the only hold up on wrapping up the interior. The pictures they've shared show it mounted in the top of the box where mine has no hole for it.

I assume it is a Dakota. Resistor was on the firewall and the wiring went into the main harness. What are you using for a/c? A kit?
You could be right, I can't really tell from the picture what truck that is, it just popped up when I googled 89D250 heater resistor. I have however watched a YouTube video showing a D series with it mounted there? The truck is an 83, a friend had all of the A/C parts from an 89 so all A/C parts are from an OE 89 D series. The box bolted in perfectly with no mods as did the controller, wiring was even a match other than they went with a different style terminal for the bulkhead connectors.

I have some new ones that I got in a collection of parts that I got awhile back. I don't know what they fit but you can have one free for the cost of shipping.
Greg

STS Rs 1.jpg
STS Rs 1B.jpg
STS Rs 2A.jpg
STS Rs 2B.jpg
STS Rs 3A.jpg
STS Rs 3B.jpg

If it is a D or W series truck I believe it is inside on top of the housing or the cowl.

I have an '87 D250 with AC. I will try to remember to take some pics at home...

all your parts came from an 89,correct? you don't say what year truck you ar putting the a/c stuff on. i just stripped out 5 86-91 trucks w/a/c/. the resistor is above the heater/ac box to the right side of centerline of glovebox. i will look at one of my fsm if you need me to. just need to know what yr you are working on.

all your parts came from an 89,correct? you don't say what year truck you ar putting the a/c stuff on. i just stripped out 5 86-91 trucks w/a/c/. the resistor is above the heater/ac box to the right side of centerline of glovebox. i will look at one of my fsm if you need me to. just need to know what yr you are working on.
Post #5, it's an 83. When you say above the heater box are you saying it's mounted in the cowl from the inside or in the box itself? If I remember correctly the box is right up against the cowl on the inside.

here are 3 pics. 2 illustrations and 1 parts . item 30 is the resistor. it is in the heater box. the 89 is in the cowl. if you used the wiring from the 89, you should have the resistor plug in. as you know it should go where it can get air blown over it so it does not overheat. if you need anything else, just let me know.

I am sorry it took so long, I forgot last weekend (CRS), and before & after work is dark. I asked my wife to remind me TODAY, so here they are. The resistor is behind the glove box, above the AC evaporator in the cowl.

IMG_7693 (2).jpg IMG_7697 (2).jpg IMG_7698 (2).jpg IMG_7699 (2).jpg

I am sorry it took so long, I forgot last weekend (CRS), and before & after work is dark. I asked my wife to remind me TODAY, so here they are. The resistor is behind the glove box, above the AC evaporator in the cowl.

View attachment 1058800 View attachment 1058801 View attachment 1058802 View attachment 1058803
Thanks a bunch, that's exactly what I needed. So it appears to be mounted in the cowl from the inside on the vertical wall. Plenty of good reference points in your photo for me to get it really close as well:thumbsup:.

Sorry I'm just seeing this, I've been preoccupied on other projects and completely forgot about it. Again thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back