• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB D400 - D700 or C400 - C800 Dodge truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am looking for a medium- or heavy-duty Dodge or Fargo ---

1) 1960 - 1975 C-series (cab & chassis preferred) truck or
2) 1960 - 1977 D/W-series (cab & chassis preferred) or
3) Any year L500 - L700 COE truck (cab looks like the A100 vans/pickups)

The C-series has the front fenders that swing out from the engine bay for servicing.
The D-series looks like the D/W100-300 pickups, in terms of the cab, hood and fenders.
The L-series cab looks like the A100 vans/pickups (pre-1971 MY)

I have a nice 1968 Dodge D100 pickup, LWB, 4x2, 318 auto, heater, AM radio for a trade offer in the $5-6K range. Mine has Fargo emblems, hood letters and tailgate, though it is a lifelong TX/OK truck. The truck must be a driving, running truck with title (if applicable, not all states require one) and capable of driving to central Oklahoma. Send me a PM here, or post what you have here. I'm very interested in a nice truck, not a rust bucket, or a show queen. I am not interested in anything that is wonky, either mechanically or paperwork ("Gee, the guy I got it from lost the title" type of story!)

I'm in central Oklahoma. Thanks!

C-series truck
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fralphsrapidtransit.com%2FC600-46.jpg

Early and late D/W-series
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc2.staticflickr.com%2F6%2F5571%2F15081848889_00065c35da_b.jpg

3A%2F%2Fwww.hemmings.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F02%2F62049709-770-0%402X-970x534.jpg

L-series
5e590eeb99d00a65760c8a70ffdb4dbb.jpg

Last edited:
One is pretty nice. The other two are spendy, considering their appearance (one has no title). Hmmmm...

One is pretty nice. The other two are spendy, considering their appearance (one has no title). Hmmmm...

I saw a dump truck with the strange fold away fenders on marketplace Denver a few months back in pretty good shape. I'm not seeing it anymore. Pretty heavy duty with a two speed rear end iirc.

The old big horns are some really cool trucks! Just get ready to have an expensive truck ! It will be like a boat... bust out another thousand.. or is that my old cars?????!

The old big horns are some really cool trucks! Just get ready to have an expensive truck ! It will be like a boat... bust out another thousand.. or is that my old cars?????!

Anything with tires or tits is gonna take money.

That white and red grain truck on the Western Slope looks nice!

DO yourself a favor and find one with power steering! I have several D500-800 trucks and a W500. They are fun trucks but rather archaic for regular use.

IMG_20160627_160747_592.jpg

Power-assisted steering. All Dodges in the 60s and early '70s in the D/W series has a powered ram attached to the drag link. Very leak-prone and troublesome. I'd prefer manual steering. As long as the steering box is in good repair, a manual box is fine.
DO yourself a favor and find one with power steering! I have several D500-800 trucks and a W500. They are fun trucks but rather archaic for regular use.

View attachment 1059862

I think they call the non power assist , Armstrong steering! Lol, by all means I really dig those old trucks while ancient compared to a new Pete or KW they were good old horses.

Power-assisted steering. All Dodges in the 60s and early '70s in the D/W series has a powered ram attached to the drag link. Very leak-prone and troublesome. I'd prefer manual steering. As long as the steering box is in good repair, a manual box is fine.

Not all of them. Out of the six trucks I have had only one had power steering. Manual is fine for occasional work. This is coming from a guy that works these trucks often on our ranch.

I meant "All trucks equipped with power assisted steering" rather than ALL trucks...

Think I might have found my truck yesterday...trying to work a deal on it and transport on it today. for pick-up next week or the week after. Not going to say where it is or what it is, so I don't jinx the deal!

I meant "All trucks equipped with power assisted steering" rather than ALL trucks...

Think I might have found my truck yesterday...trying to work a deal on it and transport on it today. for pick-up next week or the week after. Not going to say where it is or what it is, so I don't jinx the deal!

Cool! I wished I had the room and the covenants to allow me a cool project like a big COE or some such. Came across this but have no idea how old the ad is.

http://smclassiccars.com/dodge/262756-1968-dodge-coe-700-lcf-cabover.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back