• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dad and kids

Bbodycomeback

Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
I just read a story about a guy and his dad and a gtx.I am in the same postion as he was only as some of you know I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer over 4 years ago but now it is just in my right lung now thanks to the outstanding doctors at John's hopkins.i have been absent from here due to a few set backs but I keep on keeping on.I had a mint 69 Rr but got married and we all know the rest of that story so two years ago a friend of mine told me to go look at a 72 charger SE Brougham.i did i called him it was very rough but salvageable he said great it is yours buy it.I was blown away we have known each other since the first grade talk about a best friend he has my back no matter what.Long story short I hope to get this car going with the help of my two kids so I can keep the hot rod / muscle car heart pumping into a generation that has no idea what horse power torque long nights sweat and a tight budget means in the end when a project is done and the satisfaction of saying look at the skills God gave my dad to pass on to us.I know my time is short but if you have kids let them learn from your experience and experience what you learned.A few busted knuckles and working on the ground makes them appreciate what we are ready know.It was nice to meet some of you guys at Carlisle this summer and I hope to see you all there again.By the way I need a decent set of front fenders if you have any let me know a price so I can save up some cash.I bought a house in october with my son so money is scarce.if you have not read the GTX story I suggest you do it will change your perspective on tradition no matter what your hobby is.

Glad your back and would love to see some pics of your car. Cancer sucks ,it took my wife. Hope the Lord blesses you and hope you get to finish the car.

Here are some pics.I am sorry to hear that about your wife .that is where I am.i am putting a 5.9 magnum out of a Dodge ram van the parts you see I had powered coated .I plan on painting it a copper color that was a factory color on my 69 dart.Also using a challenger hood with scoops. Thanks every one .God is great.

20191119_202208.jpg part0(15).jpg part0.jpg part0(14).jpg part0(13).jpg part0(5).jpg part0(9).jpg

good luck with that

Auto Transport Service
Back