• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DADS 62 polara prodject

XMAN JR

Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
This is what my dad & I have been up to. Trying to get his 62 polara500 done.

ROAD WHEELS & 413 001.JPG ROAD WHEELS & 413 002.JPG ROAD WHEELS & 413 003.JPG ROAD WHEELS & 413 004.JPG ROAD WHEELS & 413 005.JPG 62 dash bezel & wheels on cuda 011.JPG

thats so awesome. my dream car! any exterior pics?

I'm liking it! :thumbsup:

What headers did you go with. And did you get the oil pan figured out?

I'm liking it! :thumbsup:

What headers did you go with. And did you get the oil pan figured out?
Bought a used pair of TTI long headers. They fit nice. Dad had another pan laying around & took to a friend & he extended the sump.

Where did you get the seat covers and carpet?

I've seen the '63 covers but they have a piping in the colored area. I haven't made up my mind on carpet yet. And headliner, it has the board and it looks like I'm going to have to go with bows.

Where did you get the seat covers and carpet?

I've seen the '63 covers but they have a piping in the colored area. I haven't made up my mind on carpet yet. And headliner, it has the board and it looks like I'm going to have to go with bows.
Carpet & headliner came from CLASSIC IND. The headliner was a kit w/ bows. The seats were custom made to as close to the originals as possible.

cool ride man , was looking for a 62 dart once , when i came across this 65 sat commando 383 spd air ps , barn find .
DSC09730.JPG
DSC09756.JPG
DSC09757.JPG
DSC09760.JPG
DSC09770.JPG
DSC09764.JPG
DSC09741.JPG

Hey Kid , if you do go with the bows would you like to sell me your board headliner ?
No :lol:

They are warped and the material is dry rotted.

I'll buy the bow plastic covers no problem

They're in good shape, sorry but not for sale. I haven't given up on new board but the last ones I saw were over $500!

Joe Suchy sells board headliners

I'll have to check him out. Thanks

I could try to find the right board and use the ones I have for a template. Then try to find the right material. Looks like corduroy.

Oh I didn't know that :eek:

I too have templates of the originals.
Yes I saw the $520 on eBay too but I see they are R.E.M. Automotive inc Brand.
Maybe they are cheaper?

Oh I didn't know that :eek:

I too have templates of the originals.
Yes I saw the $520 on eBay too but I see they are R.E.M. Automotive inc Brand.
Maybe they are cheaper?

Having to do the front seats and carpet $500 for a headliner is way too much for my budget. I'm not there yet but I'm always keeping my eyes and ears open. I think SMS had the hard board also.

No :lol:

They are warped and the material is dry rotted.

They're in good shape, sorry but not for sale. I haven't given up on new board but the last ones I saw were over $500!

I'll have to check him out. Thanks

I could try to find the right board and use the ones I have for a template. Then try to find the right material. Looks like corduroy.
Joe has a good price on the boards I have pic's of mine if you want

Auto Transport Service
Back