• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DADS 67 X WHEEL THOUGHTS

XMAN JR

Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi, every one this is xmans son. Since my dads passing I haven't felt like working on his 62 polara & his 67 gtx. Hopefully in a week or two I will feel up to it. I want to buy new wheels for the 67 gtx. Every place I talk to says that the magnum 500 wheels are on a 3 month back order. So I am thinking of the cragars 15x7 magnum 500 polished type wheels. What do all think ? Anyone running those wheels ? American racing has wheels that are similar but they are not polished. They are machined.

Winter around the corner, with a 3 month backorder they’ll be here before spring

Firstly, condolences to you and the family. I'm sure your dad would like to see you continue with the cars. Wheels is a personal preference. You can put a factory style wheel if you like. I can tell you, having lived and worked on these cars back in the day, mostly every one preferred aftermarket wheels. Cragar, Fenton, keystone, ansen, among many others, were swapped on our cars. But the important thing is to install what YOU like. And enjoy.

Sorry for your loss.

As for the wheels, a lot times places quote higher times to cover themselves. Have you contact The Mopar Dude at all? He usually has pretty quick turn around time and can even do custom backspacing if you want to squeeze a bigger tire under there.

I was looking at the American Racing 500 styles myself for a bit and like them a lot...in the end I went with Cragar SS's on my Satellite.

Sorry for your loss.

As for the wheels, a lot times places quote higher times to cover themselves. Have you contact The Mopar Dude at all? He usually has pretty quick turn around time and can even do custom backspacing if you want to squeeze a bigger tire under there.

I was looking at the American Racing 500 styles myself for a bit and like them a lot...in the end I went with Cragar SS's on my Satellite.
I will check him out. Thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back