• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dagnabit !

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Found a massive crack in my original stock 26" radiator upper tank. It was well hidden under some masterful disguise paint. I missed it several times as I was painstakingly straightening fins. When I saw it I still wasn't sure, but a moment with a wire brush brought it out of hiding. The radiator is trash. The wall thickness is paper thin. Who knows where else it will crack once under pressure.
So....I am now in the market for a new radiator. I have gone through many threads here on the subject. I will be going with an aluminum unit that is stamped, similar to original. Others here have purchased the same one and said it was a drop in replacement, no fiddling or filing. Sounds good to me. The price is good too and it is not from China.
This is it...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/301546384651?ul_noapp=true

Found a massive crack in my original stock 26" radiator upper tank. It was well hidden under some masterful disguise paint. I missed it several times as I was painstakingly straightening fins. When I saw it I still wasn't sure, but a moment with a wire brush brought it out of hiding. The radiator is trash. The wall thickness is paper thin. Who knows where else it will crack once under pressure.
So....I am now in the market for a new radiator. I have gone through many threads here on the subject. I will be going with an aluminum unit that is stamped, similar to original. Others here have purchased the same one and said it was a drop in replacement, no fiddling or filing. Sounds good to me. The price is good too and it is not from China.
This is it...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/301546384651?ul_noapp=true
You can pay them 50 bucks more and get it in satin black. That wouldn't be my choice as a spray can of satin black is far less than that.

Same one I have in the Plymouth.
It seems to work just fine and it did install with no modifications.
I did order the black one, but then again I'm quite rich as you know...
Use VHT paint if you can.

What car is this going in? I am in the market for a new 26 inch radiator for my 69 RR. Are you using a shroud as well?

What car is this going in? I am in the market for a new 26 inch radiator for my 69 RR. Are you using a shroud as well?
Hurry the ad says only 2 left. I'm looking at their 22".

It had a shroud originally, ask me how I know.

The promised update...
Radiator arrived in perfect condition. It was double boxed. There was zero damage. I spent a couple days painting it and allowing plenty of drying time. Prior to painting I did a test fit. It was right on the money. I did not have to do any "custom" work. It is all installed now, and looks great. I am very happy with this purchase. The final test...functionality will have to wait a little longer while I get the rest of the motor finished.

Auto Transport Service
Back