• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Dakota 05-09 Body Parts - Rust Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:08 PM
Reaction score
I've been searching for a while for a truck bed and fenders for my 05 Dakota 4dr cab to restore my rusting one. Short box (5'.5"). Couple guys in the biz of bringing rust-free parts from the south/west have been keeping me in mind. Thought I'd toss out a request for these parts in case anyone has or has a line for these parts. I'd likely take a road trip to pick them up depending on the location. Several years of the Dakota I have were the same box and fenders I think to 08 (fenders). Some dings/fixable dents no hassle...but not rusted. Thanks.

I take a trip to Hillsboro Texas every once in awhile I found a little mom and pap place I go to.. Make sure it has lived in the south it’s entire life or you could get a transplanted one and maybe subject to premature rot that could have been repaired previously or it may not last as long..

I have a friend that has brought large loads of Mopar truck items to the All
Chrysler Show for years.. but I lost or misplaced his contact information, a few years ago and the last time I have seen him was at Carlisle 2019. At that show, we sat down and we had a very good conversation with him, and after about 5 mins he informed my brother and I that his wife had passed away in late 2018 or early 2019, and we said we were very sorry to hear it. I did remember one of his email addresses he had wrote down on my business pad, so I tried to send him a message 2 weeks ago, my computer said it was "sucessfully sent" to him.... but I had not heard a thing from him! Of course..
as you all know, if the email address is only one letter or number off, it could have been sent to someone else's inbox. If he is at Carlisle this year, his spaces are on Row P, and I believe IIRC (Gate 5) right across from the Carlisle Diner, straight in that gate, and his spaces will be on the right hand side, up against the fence. My brother called Carlisle vendor services today about 1PM EST today to try and get his number, but as normality would win again, no one answered, voice mail came on, and said " We are sorry for any inconvenience, but we have closed early today, no work?" You!@#$%^&*. I have been going there for years.. and every time I go, I see something that needs to be fixed or updated.. Anyways.. last time we talked he said he was going way over the top on his drinking, etc. and said he was in pain.. so I'm not sure if he is still with us or not, I hope so, he is a great person to have on your side!! His name is Zac Taylor and is from South Carolina. Hope your still out there Zac.. wrenching on all those rust free Mopar trucks you have down there! Amen. @Dodge33

Good Luck, I’ll share the name of the place I go to: Diaz Auto Parts, speak time Trino. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back