• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dakota Digital

HYRDGOON

Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Not much aftermarket out there for the sweep guages like the stock guage in my 68-69 RR. Not to complain as I love the look but it's nice to have options.

Spoke with Greg at Dakota Digital today as I love the cluster they offer for the Rallye Guages and got this reply. If any of you would like to see something for our car shoot him an email and see if we can generate enough interest

Mike

"We currently don't have plans to create a direct-fit instrument system for the sweep-style dashes, and the simple reason is the demand. We haven't had much call for this application, yet. The Rallye dash system you saw on our website is our very first MoPar application, and we're treating it as a test balloon.

Requests like your are precisely how we determine what's next on the to-do list, so get your friends together and in the meantime, I'll add you to the request list!

If you just can't wait, we are now building one-off VHX systems. We'd need your stock gauge cluster shipped to our facility, and our craftsmen will build an instrument system that fits directly into the stock components. Senders for Oil, Water and Speed will be included, and prices start about $1,500 with 2-4 month lead times."

Thanks,

Greg Karpe
Dakota Digital, Inc.
[email protected]

I am a big fan of full sweep gauges and have been using them in my classic cars since day one. As for the new direct fit rally gauge kits that DD has for the Mopars I say it is about time. I am new to Mopars (have a 70 RR) and anything better then the stock rally gauges is a god send. I say thank you DD and I plan on converting to one of their kits this year.
Just my 2 sense.

I ended up going for it by purchasing a rough core and having it shipped directly to DD

I found they were a bit hard to reach customer service wise once they had the sale made but overall they were only a month over schedule (I consider that very fair) and about $300 under my quoted price so I was happy.

I went with a black background and red backlighting

239120-f183164cc7b8b3eab0b93815b381ce56.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! So this ran about $1200 then? I may send out my extra cluster to get this done at some point. It cost me $800 to restore the other one and ad a stock style tach...for another $400 that's not to bad.

The base came from 1500 to 1300. I had some extras in there so all said and done I was 300 under what they quoted

Great looking dash. So, they'll do any dashboard cluster?

What's it look like in the car? Is the speedo GPS? What features are in the digital part? What are the gauges from left to right?

I ended up going for it by purchasing a rough core and having it shipped directly to DD

I found they were a bit hard to reach customer service wise once they had the sale made but overall they were only a month over schedule (I consider that very fair) and about $300 under my quoted price so I was happy.

I went with a black background and red backlighting

View attachment 309666

Great looking dash. So, they'll do any dashboard cluster?

Yes if it's not one they have then the customs shop will build one for you if you provide them with yours or a core to use.

What's it look like in the car? Is the speedo GPS? What features are in the digital part? What are the gauges from left to right?

Not sure it's not in the car yet but I expect it will look exactly like that except surrounded by my car? :)

The Speedo is GPS (that was $200 extra)

Middle msg centre can display anything the other guages already do but with an accurate digital number, outside temp, I added a boost sensor for readout here, current gear if you have an auto and there are other addons available

Left to right Fuel Temp Speed Tach Oil Volts

Cool beans, I looked into the same exact thing you have. I have a stock cluster on my bench I am using for a mock up for aftermarket gauges or all digital stuff to see if it can be made quickly and mass produced R&D is time consuming.

Yes if it's not one they have then the customs shop will build one for you if you provide them with yours or a core to use.

Not sure it's not in the car yet but I expect it will look exactly like that except surrounded by my car? :)

The Speedo is GPS (that was $200 extra)

Middle msg centre can display anything the other guages already do but with an accurate digital number, outside temp, I added a boost sensor for readout here, current gear if you have an auto and there are other addons available

Left to right Fuel Temp Speed Tach Oil Volts

HYRDGOON, any thought now that you have had this installed for a while? I am considering going with Dakota Digital gauges but I also have the sweep cluster. Im sure it would be a lot less expensive, and easier, for me to find a sweep unit core to use than convert to ralley.

Re-posting your pic I found from your build thread since your link above doesn't work.
239120-f183164cc7b8b3eab0b93815b381ce56.jpg

I know my brother had them make one for his customer's 70 Charger. My brother really liked it.

I like what they did on the pic from HYRDGOON but I think it would look a ton better if they had round gauges in there. I cant tell if there is space or not, looks like it at the bottom but might be where a dash pad covers it up or something.

Auto Transport Service
Back