• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAMN I GOT THE FLU!!!

cr8crshr

Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
Well after all the years of having to take the Flu Shot mandated by the USAF, I come down with the Influenza type A. Never have gotten the flu in all these years but it hit me right between the eyes last Thursday night and is kicking my butt. Went to Urgent Care today and got it checked and it came out as it. Still I won't blame the shot because it has worked for me. But this is the worst season here in Reno Nevada and even us older Motor Heads can get it regardless. I made it into the 72 hour window for a treatment protocol so now I just wait for the next 3-4 days for the meds to do their thing. I get back home after my visit, and now Brother 69a100 is coming down with it. Just SUCKS!! because I got things I need to do to get ready for planting my backyard Vegetables. Just at the first sign folks, get it checked and treated...cr8crshr/Bill:cursin::cursin::cursin::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Two customers have told me very recently, got the shot in the fall, got the flu in the spring. WTF. Get well soon.

And I didn't get one and I still got it.

It’s a prediction of a particular strain......it’s not 100%

Hope you get well soon!

It’s a prediction of a particular strain......it’s not 100%

I could never figure out how they figure what strains might be a problem for the coming year. It's like throwing darts while blindfolded, or like pulling numbers out of a hat, or?
Who wants to get shot up with Mercury anyway?

Well after all the years of having to take the Flu Shot mandated by the USAF, I come down with the Influenza type A. Never have gotten the flu in all these years but it hit me right between the eyes last Thursday night and is kicking my butt. Went to Urgent Care today and got it checked and it came out as it. Still I won't blame the shot because it has worked for me. But this is the worst season here in Reno Nevada and even us older Motor Heads can get it regardless. I made it into the 72 hour window for a treatment protocol so now I just wait for the next 3-4 days for the meds to do their thing. I get back home after my visit, and now Brother 69a100 is coming down with it. Just SUCKS!! because I got things I need to do to get ready for planting my backyard Vegetables. Just at the first sign folks, get it checked and treated...cr8crshr/Bill:cursin::cursin::cursin::usflag::usflag::usflag:
Did you kiss your bro again?!!! Sorry for you both.

Be careful and get well. Don't let it turn into pneumonia like I did last year. Never had it before but it came back 3 more times.

Maybe you and “ski” should get a “for gratis” flight to Wright-Patt or Rickenbacker for the Nat’s this summer for some clean air?!

Get some rest, kick back and get well soon!

I could never figure out how they figure what strains might be a problem for the coming year. It's like throwing darts while blindfolded, or like pulling numbers out of a hat, or?
Who wants to get shot up with Mercury anyway?
It is like throwing darts....They make a concoction for a variety of predicted strains.....Keep in mind it is a virus and it changes to adapt......Be thankful they get it close....Back in 2006 or so they missed it completely and the hospitals were overwhelmed like it was a natural disaster......

When you dont work in the medical field. You do not see how the flu season is a literal bear on the health system and employees. It is hard to understand the importance of them.......

Think about this how many people have you personally seen not wash their hands in a public restroom......The vaccine is the bandaid and next year will be another new bandaid.....

We never took the shots and never had the flu, until last fall for the first time, we had the shots.....and both got the flu....... Go figure!
Guess it is best to totally stay away from public places and the public in general, wash your hands and don't touch anything outside of your home. Kind of hard to do.

But is the car(s) ok? Sorry for making light. The flu can be dangerous in certain circumstances. Hope it clears fast.

So last Saturday I had a appointment to have cardio testing done.
I arrive at 8:17 they said to be there buy 8:20 for my 8:40 testing.
3 minutes to do the auto singeing and waiting in the reception area.
I hear somebody back the hall in one of the rooms coughing like she was a lifetime smoker and 90 years old.
I said to the receptionist, is she sick?
Just then she steps out of the room coughing like crazy and holding her hand over her masked RED face.
She heard what I asked the receptionist and said that she has a mask on and that I can ware one to.
As I head out with my shoulder to the EXIT door so I avoid touching anything I hear the receptionist saying WOULD YOU LIKE TO RESCHEDULE?

There are many different strains so the shot is a crap shoot. I don't take them and haven't had the flu; been lucky I guess so far.

Auto Transport Service
Back