• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damn pesky birds.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
Was out on the job today and I hear a god awful roar. This was probably the 3rd time I have seen this pesky bird this morning. That's when I started recording so you guys could see it.

Damn I can't link the videos here but you can check them out on my website..

https://ballisticpc.com/videos/

Spoiler alert. I was right off the end of the Dobbins Airbase runway. C-130's F-22's and a few Blackhawks. I also saw a T-38 today. Like a mini airshow. The F-22 was doing touch-n-goes.. Awesome sound from that bird.
For those that don't know what a T-38 is. Here is a picture of one. I usually refer them as chase planes because I remember them following the space shuttle back in.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages03.military.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2F2018-05%2FT-38-Talon-1800.jpg

Last edited:
Was out on the job today and I hear a god awful roar. This was probably the 3rd time I have seen this pesky bird this morning. That's when I started recording so you guys could see it.

Damn I can't link the videos here but you can check them out on my website..

https://ballisticpc.com/videos/

Spoiler alert. I was right off the end of the Dobbins Airbase runway. C-130's F-22's and a few Blackhawks. I also saw a T-38 today. Like a mini airshow. The F-22 was doing touch-n-goes.. Awesome sound from that bird.
For those that don't know what a T-38 is. Here is a picture of one. I usually refer them as chase planes because I remember them following the space shuttle back in.

View attachment 1261546
Maybe on their way home from the McDill show in Tampa?

Maybe on their way home from the McDill show in Tampa?
I see them there quite often. Just never from right at the end of the runway. Mostly see C-130's there getting retrofitted. Time to time the F-22's are flying.

My 69 Coronet R/T came from Marietta GA. It has a Dobbins Air Force sticker on the front bumper.

I get to see F16s all day....everyday.

Even some A10s from time to time.

Our warehouse is about 500 yards absolutely dead nut straight north of the main runway of McChord Air Force Base at JBLM here in Lakewood.

The C-17's are no more than about 200 feet above the roof when landing or taking off....

In the spring/summer, you can see damn-neart every model and style of plane in the Air Force, Army, Navy, or Marines....re-fueling tankers, sub-killers, F-18's, F-16's, the occasional squad of F-15's, Apache copters, yada, yada, yada...... It's like an airshow you never have to buy a ticket for.

Showroom customers often-times get very "wide-eyed" when they see just how low those C-17's get above our roof!!!!!:lol:

My 69 Coronet R/T came from Marietta GA. It has a Dobbins Air Force sticker on the front bumper.
My '68 Road Runner is from Kelly Chrysler Plymouth in Marietta, Ga. She spent her life down there until I bought her from the original owners in 1993.

I grew up near a Naval air station and seeing cool planes flying overhead was a constant part of my formative years!
For a while in the late 80s and early 90s until the base closed I got in the habit of hanging out by the fence with a camera and took about a million pictures. I need a good negative scanner and a bunch of time to scan all those old 35 mm pictures. Using my telephoto lens I got pictures that sometimes looked like I was flying formation with a jet! I still get goosebumps thinking of some of the F14s, F4's, F18s and more I saw there back in the day!

I grew up near a Naval air station and seeing cool planes flying overhead was a constant part of my formative years!
For a while in the late 80s and early 90s until the base closed I got in the habit of hanging out by the fence with a camera and took about a million pictures. I need a good negative scanner and a bunch of time to scan all those old 35 mm pictures. Using my telephoto lens I got pictures that sometimes looked like I was flying formation with a jet! I still get goosebumps thinking of some of the F14s, F4's, F18s and more I saw there back in the day!

Did you grow up in the Chicago area?

I use to frequent Concord Naval Weapons Station, Navy Port Chicago,
Castle AFB, Beale AFB, Mather AFB, McClellan AFB, NAS Lemoore
March AFB 'Reserves' Riverside, Vandenberg AFB Lompoc, NAW China Lake
Travis AFB, LA AFB El Segundo a non-flying base AF Space Command
ISC Alameda Coast Gaurd/Alameda NAS, NAS Point Mugu,
Mare Island Naval Airfield, Moffet Airfield, McConnell AFB in Witchita Ks,
my favorite is Elmendorf AFB Anchorage/Ft Richardson USAB
I loved the F15s (my favorite or Naval F14) launching on a scramble/sorties
or T33 & T38 trainers or F16 going ballistic, seeing a real SR-71/A12 land :D
I worked at/or for or visited, all of them at one time or other, privately & officially...

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, we use to have like 32 bases here

SR-71 A12 Plane over the Serrias.jpg
over the Sierras, Mt Whittney

Nasa F-16 & SR-71.jpg

Nasa Space shutle Columbia 1st space flite landing Rogers Dry Lake Apr. 14 1981.jpg

NASA X-15x launch off the bottom of a plane.jpg

NASA X-15a original pilot.jpg

SR-71 A12 first 6 crew-pilots 2 here in 1965.jpg

A12s & 2 YF-12s
SR-71 A12 Plane 8 of them & 2 YF-12's waiting.jpg

some freaken' cool **** out there

I'll bet @super-bee_ski
could fill a couple of books, of all the cool **** he's seen & done

:usflag:

Last edited:
My wife and I stayed at a small Bed & Breakfast place across the river from "RAF Leuchars" .....which is near the town of St Andrews, Scotland - the home of Golf.
It was a pleasant sight to see RAF Tornado's taking off en-masse in the wee hours of the morning. :thumbsup: The noise was awesome.

I live really close the Buckley AFB, Get to see several aircraft each week.
Old picture of the Convertible from Buckley AFB Car Show. I think this was before 9/11/2001?

CoronetAtAFB_small.jpg

My '68 Road Runner is from Kelly Chrysler Plymouth in Marietta, Ga. She spent her life down there until I bought her from the original owners in 1993.
This would have been the building your car was sold new from. Was the Old Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge dealership. This was way before my time. But its the correct building.
Old Dodge Dealership.png

Didn't read all the posts but man, the T-38 seems to be the 'taxi cab' for all the astronauts and all the pilots looking for a ride to who knows where lol

Did you grow up in the Chicago area?
I grew up in Glenview about a half mile southeast of the Glenview Naval Air Station. And a block away from where an A4 crashed into a house when I was 5.
I saw just about everything there over the years. I even have a piece of the RAF Vulcan that crashed by the base in ‘78 on display in my rec room.

I grew up in Glenview about a half mile southeast of the Glenview Naval Air Station. And a block away from where an A4 crashed into a house when I was 5.
I saw just about everything there over the years. I even have a piece of the RAF Vulcan that crashed by the base in ‘78 on display in my rec room.
Wow! No ****.

I've only been to Glenview once. When my cousin graduated boot camp.

My father was career Air Force man. For a while we lived on several bases state side and in Spain. It is a shame but several of the bases are closed down. After a while you dont even notice them much. Now I live real close to a base that is almost closed but we have the Chinook helicopters fly over regularly so close you think you feel the air move around you.

Auto Transport Service
Back