• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damn scammers are everywhere !!!

gkent

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
So I posted a "wanted" ad on the Hot Heads web page. For those who don't know, Hot Heads is THE source for gen 1 hemis. So you'd think that it would be a pretty obscure place for an internet troll. Guess again !! So my ad says I'm looking for "an aluminum 4 barrel intake for a 354 hemi". Here's the first email:

eric dickson <[email protected]>
Mon 2019-07-15 4:59 PM

I am ERIC Dickson from USA,i just want to know if you are still
interested in Alum 354 4 Barrel Intake.please send me an email if you
are still interested.

Have a nice day
DICKSON

Well I'm looking at the grammar and not getting a good vibe but what the hell - so I reply "yes I'm interested, send photos and a price". And here's what I get:

eric dickson <[email protected]>
Tue 2019-07-16 3:00 AM
MDAwMDAvYXR0YWNobWVudC5vdXRsb29rLmxpdmUubmV0QDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSJ9.jpg

Just attached the picture of my Alum 354 4 Barrel Intake for sale
asking price is $380 , let me know if my price is fair enough and I`II
also need your exact shipping address to enable me figure out the
shipping fees to your door step .

Hope to hear from you soon next.

Who cares, it ain't an aluminum 4 barrel 354 hemi !!!!

That's the left side, long ram manifold for the V12 Hemi. :lol:

The accent is pretty stong in that email. Almost middle eastern.

His comment "from USA" was strange - even though in my ad I said I was in Canada I mentioned I have a US address to ship to.

Not only are they everywhere, it's obvious that they're not real bright either, or hoping that the other person isn't!

They are getting better. I got scammed big time by a guy who responded to a Craigslist add I had for parts wanted. He did his research, knew what he was talking about and I bit. I talked to him for over an hour and he put on a great performance. Lesson learned I guess.

Anywhere there’s money to be made - there are scammers. That means anywhere. Beware on any transaction you make or are involved in.....

What amazes me is the amount of effort some are willing to go to scam someone. If they only applied that to starting a legitimate business!

Bob's is fine but why buy new when you're not in a rush and used is a fraction of the cost?!?!? While they aren't abundant, there is probably someone out there who will swap out a 4 barrel for some eye candy 2x4 or 3x2 or 6x1 or blower setup. I have lots of time, the vehicle is still at least 3 years down the road !!

As I am reading this, the phone rings and it is ICloud calling. My account has been breached. Didn't know I had an account.

And then there are the one's who say "your microsoft computer has a virus" to which I reply "when did Microsoft start making computers ??".

And then there are the one's who say "your microsoft computer has a virus" to which I reply "when did Microsoft start making computers ??".
It also has no legs and can not run. So no access to scammers.

I always send them the address for Wrigley field .....the mail box must be over flowing with junk mail:hifu::hifu:

Auto Transport Service
Back