• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damnit! Just get back on the project and...

Dodge 330

Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
So I got the final pieces to get my car on the road this spring and finally have some time to work on it.:headbang:

Last Monday I started having kidney stone pains and as the week progressed they got worse. :angry9: I told them Tuesday morning at around 10:30 I couldn't stand it anymore and was going home.

Wednesday night I went to the emergency room and they found an 8MM:icon_shaking:KIDNEY STONE!

I went to the urologist on Thursday and the scheduled me for surgery on Friday. They put in a stint and extracted the stone!

The pain was mostly gone by Saturday night but still have this @#(%& stint in my right ureter.

That Lor-Tab makes me have some crazy *** dreams so I got off of it as soon as possible!

I had stones quite a few years ago. PAINFUL!! Had sometype of (sound wave?) procedure to break them up so I could pass them. Theytold me it dosen't hurt, but I have them put me out as they were going in witha scope to look at a spot on my kidney. I woke up half way through theprocedure, and when the humming machine made a bang noise I got a sharp painand screamed. Saw them putting something in iv line and was back out. Dosen'thurt my ***. Hope ya feel better soon :)

passed a stone last year.painful just dosnt seem to cover it.but 8mm,DAMMMM.thats like putting a bowling ball through a straw!

passed a stone last year.painful just dosnt seem to cover it.but 8mm,DAMMMM.thats like putting a bowling ball through a straw!

Yep, it stretched the heck out of my ureter. He showed me the cross section of the CT scan and it was really big! I guess that's why they put the stint in?

I've had lithotrypsy before where they blast them and that's no fun either. This one was too low to blast.

He did say I had some others that they may go in and do that procedure to in the other kidney.

Crap, just got off the phone with the Dr.'s office.

It looks like I have to wait until Thursday afternoon to get the stint out!

It isn't painful it's just annoying and you know it's there...

Well, wait till they go to pull that thing out. They put me in stirrups and when they pulled it out it hurt like hell. ...........

Never had a stone, but from what I hear nothing I would want. My sis-in-law has them constantly and it drives her to tears. Really feel for the girl when that is happening to her.

Crap, just got off the phone with the Dr.'s office.

It looks like I have to wait until Thursday afternoon to get the stint out!

It isn't painful it's just annoying and you know it's there...

the doc probably had a golf tee time

I was going to stop by your place last week when I left Denver. Good thing I didn’t take the detour, you wouldn’t have been much fun.

Oh, I was plenty of fun after a couple of painkillers.

Not sure if I would've shared the goods, though....:confused2:

I had a few over the years ... NO FUN! feel better!

I had a stone they couldn't pass about 10 years ago. Same thing, put me out, "went in" to get it, left a stint. My uro. told me it was in case the ureter swelled shut because of the scraping action of removing the stone. When I went back the next week to have it removed, he asked me if I wanted to do it "local", being the big stud that I am :))) I told them yea. Well as they were preparing the room I could see this "instrument" on the table and asked what that was for. The instrument was about 3/8 to 1/2" in diameter, and they said that was what they used to "go get" the stint. I was thinking there's no way THAT was going up THERE. Well the nurse came in and "deadened" me. That was a bit humiliating, then the doc comes in and asks me if it would be alright for a new nurse to come in and watch the procedure...."sure, why not" (still being the stud). I can't watch him, "feed" the instrument "into position", but I could feel it happening, not painful, just a weird sensation. So during the "procedure" he stops and has the nurse look through the "sight" explaining what she is looking at. If I EVER have to do that again, it will be too soon. And IF they have to put in a stint, they are going to knock my @ss out before removing it.

I have had several stones since that first one, but when I start to feel the symptoms coming on I pour the water through my system, so far I've been able to pass them. 8mm man that's huge,, mine was 2mm x 4mm and I thought that was big.

I hope you recover from it quickly, they are no fun. You think it has anything to do with our great water quality here in Kansas?

Auto Transport Service
Back