• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60 Cover

I have a chrome used one. PM me

If I were you I'd go with an aluminum version. But I ran a DC chrome one for many years. Good luck.

As you've likely found out, the aftermarket is full of cast aluminum covers for the Dana 60, not as many steel ones. If you want to do some sanding, you could paint this one: https://www.cjponyparts.com/trans-dapt-performance-rear-differential-cover-chrome-plated-dana-60/p/RDC4816/?year=1966&msclkid=669a2afb51da1e05cf9e4a6833fd57e0&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=New Bing Shopping Ads International&utm_term=4584345013067258&utm_content=Bing Shopping Canada

Note that this one mentions that it's for a truck so the fill plug might be at a different level.

I'm looking for a brand new steel one like original or chrome.
You can buy a HD steel cover from Dana. I bought one for my S60 and it was perfect. They are super thick, more than 1/8 thick steel so much stiffer than the originals. No problems with leaks. I had this S60 under my Duster but have now swapped over to a Ford 9 inch so this one is a spare.
DSC_4546 (Large).JPG

Thanks for the responses. The aftermarket ones don't have the ribs in between the bolt holes like the original ones. Just trying to keep it original looking. I do have my original one that I swapped it out for a MP chrome one about 30 yrs ago. A small part of the lip is bent from prying with a screw driver. I'll just try to fix mine.

Thanks for the responses. The aftermarket ones don't have the ribs in between the bolt holes like the original ones. Just trying to keep it original looking. I do have my original one that I swapped it out for a MP chrome one about 30 yrs ago. A small part of the lip is bent from prying with a screw driver. I'll just try to fix mine.
A cover made by Dana/Spicer wouldn't be aftermarket. Dana is the original mfg or the Dana 60. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdh-707233x

Auto Transport Service
Back