• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana Swap Brake Lines

HEMI RR

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
Planning on a 8 3/4 to Dana 60 swap on a 70 Roadrunner. The presently installed brake lines and hose are in good shape so can they be reused from the 8 3/4 to the Dana? Or, are there some changes needed?

I believe if the hose matches your junction block, on the axle, you should be set. Worst case is you may need a new hose to match the fittings...

How old is the rubber hose? That's the killer but other than that, iirc, they should swap.

To make it clear, I want to undo the two hard lines from the 8 3/4 and connect the whole thing to the Dana. Will that work? The parts including rubber hose on there presently are in excellent shape. That is why I would like to re-use them if it all will fit. Some minor tweeking is expected. Thanks.

flex lines deteriorate on inside as well can look good on outside , have seen lots I cut open, had one go that way on tow truck it was only about 6 yrs old . had to open line to release preasure.

Unless the rubber hose 2/3 years old buy a new one, $20 or less. The rubber on the inside is where many breakdown. Hard lines as has should work with tweeking. Buy some break line and a flaring tool. Amazon $25 it's handy for fuel lines and it's easy to use. You'll need a tubing cutter also.

Ok thanks. The lines on there now are about a year old. I could not find parts online at the 3 major auto parts stores. I checked the Classic Industries book and turns out 1970 is the only year the Dana and 8 3/4 hard lines and rubber hose are the same. My Dana is a 1968 so I suppose all I need to do is ensure the T block mount is located in the same place. Thanks for all the help you guys are so informative.

My rubber line is about 14.5” long for my Dana 60 In a 1969 Belvedere. The distribution block is on the drivers side near where the axle tube joins the Center section of the Dana. I’m not sure on the year of the Dana though. I have a Raybestos part number somewhere if you need it.
The steel ones should work, you may need to tweak here and there a bit.

You can order the correct hard lines from Cass at Dr.Diff, or Right Stuff also has them, for a Dana...

I prefer to make my own stainless hard lines, or order stainless braided brake lines and convert everything to -3AN.

But if the tools required to make your own lines aren’t available, order what ya need.

The set up on the 8 3/4 will definitely need to be tweaked if you re-use them on the Dana.

I put a Dana 60 in my 70 Road Runner a few years ago, Everything interchanged, No problem.

Ok thanks. The lines on there now are about a year old. I could not find parts online at the 3 major auto parts stores. I checked the Classic Industries book and turns out 1970 is the only year the Dana and 8 3/4 hard lines and rubber hose are the same. My Dana is a 1968 so I suppose all I need to do is ensure the T block mount is located in the same place. Thanks for all the help you guys are so informative.

My rubber line is about 14.5” long for my Dana 60 In a 1969 Belvedere. The distribution block is on the drivers side near where the axle tube joins the Center section of the Dana. I’m not sure on the year of the Dana though. I have a Raybestos part number somewhere if you need it.
The steel ones should work, you may need to tweak here and there a bit.

can’t help but wonder why you ‘disagreed’ to my post? Unusual

Auto Transport Service
Back