• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dark argent paint???

acme rat killer

Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone sell, and has anyone used argent paint that is dark gray and has a metal flake in/on it? My 70 Road Runner grill is dark center and light around the edge. Its broken, and the one i have to replace it with is all light argent. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• 100_7822.jpg
    100_7822.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 3,062
  • 100_7838.jpg
    100_7838.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 3,285
Lots of luck..Only one company has the rights to the textuered dark argent paint...you can,t get it in a can...I looked around for about 4 months...The king of trim I think is the one..
Petty Blue 67 GTX

Not the answers i wanted to see, but thanks for the input. I might try to come up with something. I just hate to put the light grill in and paint it black. Ill see if anyone else has any ideas. Again thank you.

You could rob a bank or unearth buried treasure and go buy the new reproduction grill/bezels....

Before U do something 2 crazy like shell out your life savings for a re-pop or paint it black, check O'reilys/murrays auto or an advanced I managed to find every color or rattle can trim color u can imagine,and they say chrysler duplicate colors right on the can,spraying light coats 12 to 15 inches from whatever u are painting and use as many coats as it takes to smooth it,and u should have a grille to be proud of when u are finished! The paint is by duplicolor,I found the exact mettallic paint u are referring to If u cant find it let me know I can pick u up a couple cans here and mail them to u!

Thanks Bens69. Ill look for it, but if you remember the part number! thanks. Glenn

doesnt totally auto sell it in rattle cans?
i thought i used it from them with great results.

i believe roseville gets the paint from totally auto.

Totally Auto has textured argent paint in a rattle can. I redid my trim on my '66 Belvedere II with it, worked fine.

I have bought from him quite a few times. Sometimes he even calls to see if everthing was good. Yes Superstockracer, Herb is a good guy. Will do business again with him.

Anyone know where I an find Light Argent paint in a rattle can to redo the grille on my '74 plymouth?

Has anyone tried the Eastwoods argent rallye wheel paint? I don't know if it would be the correct darker shade you are looking for. Here is a link....
http://www.eastwood.com/mopar-rally-wheel-paint-kit.html

For the light argent, I bought the Dupli-color light slate met BGM0540. It was a perfect match to the unexposed backside of my '74 grill and tail light housings. There are about 7 or 8 different shades of the silver Dupli-color and some have a little more sparkle than others.

Use Totally Auto... I was skeptical to do so, but after I did mine, it came out great ! you'll also need a silver tone color & satin-black as well.

The light argent paint is available from your local Doge dealer for about $7.00. Don't know about the dark argent.

mopar paint

Does anyone sell, and has anyone used argent paint that is dark gray and has a metal flake in/on it? My 70 Road Runner grill is dark center and light around the edge. Its broken, and the one i have to replace it with is all light argent. Any help would be great.

http://www.totallyautoinc.com/

Auto Transport Service
Back