• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dart 340 at auction 9/11 Deadwood SD not mine

sam dupont

Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 2.22.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 2.22.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 2.22.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 2.23.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 2.23.16 PM.png

I ended up going to the sale. The odometer showed 79,000 miles and the seat would confirm if it was not recovered. The Dart had a repaint that covered up 3 corners that had been bumped, rust through on the rear wheel openings, dented left fender. Good rockers, good glass, factory tint. The engine bay was black and I don't know where the numbers are on a '69 small block and along with the aftermarket intake and valve covers, who knows if it was the original motor, but it has been out. The mice had a great time with the car and the fender tag was missing.

It brought $8,500

I held the seat forward while a guy went for the build sheet, but the bottom cushion didn't cooperate and he said screw it. I knew I wasn't buying it so...
I suggested to the guy who ended up buying the car to ask the family if there wasn't a little rectangle metal tag with the title.
The guy was a Ford mechanic who drove a Dodge. That would make you popular. I did notice 1,001 small door dings on the right side body ridge and wondered if they happened in a Ford lot. Never seen that many dings, none were hard enough to dent.

Last edited:
I held the seat forward while a guy went for the build sheet, but the bottom cushion didn't cooperate and he said screw it. I knew I wasn't buying it so...
I suggested to the guy who ended up buying the car to ask the family if there wasn't a little rectangle metal tag with the title.
The guy was a Ford mechanic who drove a Dodge. That would make you popular. I did notice 1,001 small door dings on the right side body ridge and wondered if they happened in a Ford lot. Never seen that many dings, none were hard enough to dent.
Looks to be a Swinger

Auto Transport Service
Back