• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dash cap installation

No I haven't but I saw this thread listed in the for sale section. You might have better luck in the general discussion section.

Moved to General Discussion. You should get better responses in this section.

did one and consol cap on my 64 galaxie 500 xl . super ez and looked good enough to sell for more then i thought the car was worth.

I did one a few years back on a Nova and you couldn't tell it from a padded one.

My 68 Charger came with one & it looked ok, but was lifting off. I just found a nice used one for 40 bucks.

I put one in my 74 Roadrunner and it looks great! A couple of tips would be:

1. The directions tell you to put the glue on the leading edges only, but I found putting the glue along all the edges and as much as you can on the underside center will help the cap lay flat and stay there. My cap came with two tubes of glue and I used every bit of it.

2. Have a bunch of books or similar weighty items to put on your cap once you glue it in place to hold it down flat while the glue sets. I used seven old phone books and some bricks.

3. Make sure the padded dash is flat and there are no pieces of foam or plastic sticking up.

4. Make sure the area you're working in is well ventilated because the fumes from that glue are strong!

I did one temporarily on my 67 coronet. I was waiting for a new one that was being made for me, to arrive. I hated it. Sure most people did not look twice at it, it fit kind of OK, but once I got my new dashpad on the difference between that and the cap was like night and day.

Auto Transport Service
Back