• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash cluster bulbs

Data Plate

Local time
1:10 AM
Reaction score
Looks like I’m gonna have to take out my dash cluster in my 69 charger while I’m there I should probably replace the bulbs do you guys recommend going led or just use standard bulbs I think it takes a 57 and a 158 is that right anyone know how many of each thanks

I was tired of the dim instrument lights so I installed 'super bright' LED lights off of amazon. Luckily they were dimmable because they were too bright.

I was tired of the dim instrument lights so I installed 'super bright' LED lights off of amazon. Luckily they were dimmable because they were too bright.

yeap, tipically they are. specially if you choose neutral white bulbs ( 4000K-5000K temp color ) able to wash the cluster lense color.

I'm not a fan of LEDs on our cars. Housings and receptacles are not designed for an excesivelly directional lights like LEDs use to be, but the 360° light projection of incandescent bulbs. In fact each light provision gets its own incandescent bulb kind with diff filament shapes and lengts, glass shape just right because that. Two bulbs can be same wattage and socket, even same glove/glass shape BUT diff filament shape and lenght and that makes a diff light radiation. Every receptacle gets its own design and an specific bulb for that. However is true LEDs are getting better, but still too generic for each cavity and receptacle/housing shape.

IF STILL want to go with LEDs, MY OPINION is get warm white ( 2500K-3500K temp color ) which would be something similar to the original incandescent bulbs and the colors won't be washed like with the Neutral white led lights.

you can also get colored LEDs for each one of the specific spots, like turnings ( green ) or brake and high beams ( red )... althought since 74, high beams become blue.

need to note even our clusters looks like a greenish color, lenses are really blue. That's the effect made by the warm white (yellowish) bulb throught the blue lense.

and, please, be sure to get dimmable leds. DUNNO if they get some pulsating signal to be able to be dimmable. I hope not on these but a continuous dimmer function

there is a seller called superbrightleds or something like that who sell that kind of bulbs.

But still I would stick on incandescent bulbs while they are still available

Last edited:
Thanks I’m gonna go with the stock bulbs also says if they don’t work turn the bill around after the cluster is back in no thanks I’ll go stock

Auto Transport Service
Back