• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Dimmer Switch self inflicted screw up

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
I am so intelligent that when I took the dash dimmer switch apart to clean up and put a shiny new wheel in it, I failed to mark where any of the gears lined up etc. Now I am scratching my head as how to line things up. Or am I an even bigger idiot that just by putting it back together it will work fine (seriously doubt it). Can anybody help me with putting Humpty Dumpty back together again!

IMG_0445.JPG

Hmmm...you may have taken the road less traveled on that one. Anyone who has done it probably doesn't remember how. You may have to obtain a used one from eBay or somewhere and dissect it. Clean that on up too and resell it as freshened up to recoup your $$. Next time, pictures, pictures, pictures! Best of luck!

dimmer switch repair help please

Thumb Wheel Instrument Panel Dimmer Switch

Here is what I found that does show some pictures that may be helpful. Sounds like it could be a see where parts fit, then check movement and use an ohm meter to verify.

Please post photos as your diy project progresses, I’ be watching. :popcorn:
yes I have been gathering photos of others to try to make sure of alignment etc. Thanks and I will post pics.

if anyone has any guidance on testing with ohm meter it would be much appreciated...

I needed a new switch in a 69 A100 van, looking at replacements from the part store, they all seem to be the same part, regardless of model & year Mopar. Might as well get a new one and call it a day. Good Luck

I needed a new switch in a 69 A100 van, looking at replacements from the part store, they all seem to be the same part, regardless of model & year Mopar. Might as well get a new one and call it a day. Good Luck
Yeah hate to, too much pride in my workmanship and I bought a new wheel for it, LOL. ... most likely I will wind up doing just that.

And did you figure it out?

And did you figure it out?
Found a decent price on another and bought it, cleaned it tested it and will use it. I have that one as a guide for the other one now, but have not gotten around to putting it back together.

curious on results ?
also, where did you find a decent price. i'm finding these for around $200 ?? that normal

curious on results ?
also, where did you find a decent price. i'm finding these for around $200 ?? that normal
Been a while but I don't recall paying that much. Probably not far off tho. Keep searching Ebay, etc. (that is where I bought mine, I think)

Auto Transport Service
Back