• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash frame paint

60Nina

Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
I have a T7 Saddle Bronze RR. It has a tan colored interior. Looking to see what and where I can get the correct paint? Spray can?
3402CA38-C6D0-4199-9E89-47D0AC16FE57.jpeg
1930E2C0-6194-4283-BA24-523E052BADE5.jpeg
8B2EB4BD-7E0C-4870-9F48-2F50F43E26CD.jpeg 385649D5-7578-4356-AD48-24B489290D04.jpeg

This is a very interesting topic that has many opinions and much debate.
The matte dash finish on our cars has many perplexed. It's really not that hard IMHO.
My local PPG guys pointed us in the right direction on my son's resent Duster build.
We shot the dash with the correct base color (fortunately it was the same color we did the entire car in, B5 Blue). Then rattle canned some SEM Matte Clear, high, foggy and dry over the top of it.
I think it reproduced it perfectly. Pics of the gloss B5 compared with the matte below. Same base color, different clear.
I hope this helps.
IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1045.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG

Runner 68
That looks terrific! Looks like you nailed it
That’s good information, I will look into my local Ppg supplier.....Thanks

Buy the way 2 fairly wet coats with the SEM matte clear then fog/dry with the final coat.
Good luck.

Welcome aboard Nina!

Powder coating is another option. It's available in literally thousands of colors and a "leatherette" texture can replicate the factory's job without a bunch of extra work.

Buy the way 2 fairly wet coats with the SEM matte clear then fog/dry with the final coat.
Good luck.

Sorry for the Necropost but is fog/dry an SEM product or are you referring to a technique?

Kolor Korrect makes textured (suede) and non-textured interior paint in aerosol cans and pint cans for use in spray guns. If you know your color code, they should be able to match it.

Auto Transport Service
Back