Dash headlamp switch replacement

Electrical & Ignition

1. Smokinnjokin

Smokinnjokin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:35 AM
    Gentlemen,
    Driving home the other night my lights were turning off, jiggling the switch and playing with it would restore them for a second but eventually they quit completely. My interior light adjustment has some dead spots in it as well, so everything pointed to a bad rheostat. I ordered a new one from classic industries, my question is this.

Can i replace this switch with the gauge cluster installed? It is a nightmare to pull that thing out. I can reach around underneath and access the cannon plug that goes into the light switch, but i'm not sure how it is removed from the gauge cluster. I really don't want to break anything.

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Andrew

2. JimCoronette

JimCoronette Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:35 AM

There is a pushbutton at the bottom of the switch. Pushing this in (upward) will allow the knob and shaft to be pulled out of the switch. The bezel is threaded onto the switch. If you are very careful, you can use a pair of needle nosed pliers to start the bezel (it has 4 slots in it)
    SDC10657.jpg

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.