• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Light Sockets

Mango 1

Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
Needing a little help guys. Does anyone know the light socket part numbers for the dash on a 73 Charger? Looks like my harness must have been taken out the last time the garage was cleaned.

Thanks,
Mango

I don't know the part number but I do know the same part was used up into the late 80's in cars and the early 90's in trucks and vans.

standard cluster ?

5/8" twist in socket.

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS S503A

S-503Aphoto%20primary__ra_p.jpg

PN taken from Rockauto ( $1.53 each there )

It seems a generic PN could be T5 ?

you can get packs on ebay for the same piece. Pay attention because they are in 1/2" too and also offered to fit on Charger 73, but not

Last edited:
I'm guessing you meant Standard cluster because is not posible to loose the sockets out of a rallye setup, unless wire, contact or socket itself gets broken

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYVPVvE2nGvl0oyHvy_gZ5G4iKjIkd8yrl9LWLhBCAQgmDvlTP.jpg

( not exactly same piece but replacement... )

Hey Guys, Thanks for the info on the sockets, much appreciated! I am to the point on installing a new Wiring Harness I need to get some ordered. Nacho - have you used the 5/8 screw in socket? If so, can you give me a little feedback? I am not the brightest guy on electricity, I am not seeing the wire for the socket?

Thanks again for the help Guys !

Socket inserts on cluster PCB on Standard clusters ( rectangular speedo ), they are not wired. Maybe that's the confusion. Check on back of your cluster.

IMG_1005.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back