• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash out for floor replacement?

BigFlo

Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
I have a 65 Belvedere I, 2 door sedan that I need to replace the floors on. I want to use a one piece front pan. I was looking to remove the dash and just learned that I can't remove the dash without removing the windshield. Looking for recommendations on whether the dash needs to come out to have enough room to remove and replace the floors.....or am I going to excessively curse because I'm all cramped up under the dash trying to use the airchisel and welder?

No need to remove the dash or windshield!two people needed to install the new floor.

BigFlo.....I just changed my front pans out with the dash in. And yes, there was cursing involved.. I had my steering wheel off and heater box out at least..

Good Luck!

I would be checking the corner of the bowl under the windshield on the inside ,just to see if there is any rot ,good time to do both repairs

Auto Transport Service
Back