• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Pad Removal?

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Good Saturday to ya. I don’t any screws for the dash pad. Is it just press fit? What is the best way to remove it?

Thank you.
MF

Well, not sure what your working on, but if it's anything like the one I removed on my A body, it has studs in the pad and there is a series of those funny little capture nuts that go on them.

Remove those nuts at least 6 or 7 maybe, then on mine there was a phillips head screw, one on each end where it curved down over the end of the dash.

*WORD OF CAUTION* it is riddled with sharp edges up in there, use caution moving your hands around.

Badsport is correct. Picture of holes in dash. Was not very fun job.

dash-bent1.JPG dash-bent2.JPG

You'll have to undo steering column so steering wheel lays on seat Do this when instrument is about to come out. Remove glove box liner. Then the fun part speedo cable, screws that hold instrument panel, unplug power to gauges and unplug light switch . Go to Mymopar and downjoad a service manual shows you how.

Last edited:
Got it thanks guys!

I think the nuts are 3/8". I find the best method is to use a 1/4" drive socket with either a very long extension, or several short ones. When reinstalling, I tape the nut to the socket by wrapping electrical tape around the socket and the edge of the nut. The nut won't fall out of the socket, and when done you pull the socket off. They are so far in the dash frame that you are working blind. I marked the side to side position of the nuts with tape on the dash, that way I could approximate where the studs were.

Most people, including myself. Don’t like to hear this. But, it takes 15 minutes and makes working on anything dash related. A 100 times easier. Remove the front seats.

I removed and replace the dashpad on my 68 Charger by just taking out the glove box and heather control plate. The worst one to get at was above the clock/tach.

Good Saturday to ya. I don’t any screws for the dash pad. Is it just press fit? What is the best way to remove it?

Thank you.
MF

LMK if you need the OEM nuts for re-installing your dash pad. I have originals. You'll need five.

Auto Transport Service
Back