• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash pads pulling away from frame

Jesse6869

Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
My glove box door is slightly pulling away from the frame. I’m sure someone has repaired these. How and with what type of glue and technique. Thank u

50+ years baking in the sun is why the material is shrinking up. IMO, finding a better used one or sending it to Just Dashes are about the only options you will be happy with.

It’s really not bad and a really good looking glove box door I’m sure there’s some one that used a good glue adhesive. U can see rite at the top it could use a little dab or so,and at the bottom right.
EE5A8F85-9908-43B5-9E51-C8B26D84FCF3.jpeg
DC406DB3-1EA4-4691-A5D4-1E9B63254481.jpeg
EBBBB803-65AA-4050-A09E-96619635524E.jpeg

i have used shoe goo and masking tape to pull it down tight till it dries. works really well

Yeah, It don't look too bad. You might be able to save it for a while with something like the Shoe Goo. Worth a try anyhow since no one does the stitching like original. Good Luck!

( Stitching) Thats my problem spent some money and had just dashes do some work on my 69 pads. Look good but the stitching is not evident what’s killing me so for my 68 I’m buying all originals so when i see them come up for sale i buy them

My glove box door is slightly pulling away from the frame. I’m sure someone has repaired these. How and with what type of glue and technique. Thank u

I've done this not even that long ago. I was told by a professional shop that these can't be repaired...they're STUPID. I fixed these and one is in the car and has not had any problems for 3yrs. I glued it with Permatex Body Shop Heavey Duty Headliner & Carpet Adhesive. How you clamp it is important because you don't want to squish your foam. See photos:
DSC_9260.jpeg
DSC_9269.jpeg

I have fixed a couple with a good contact cement, clamping them like QOTHL, but with paint stir sticks instead of cardboard to even out the load.

I have fixed a couple with a good contact cement, clamping them like QOTHL, but with paint stir sticks instead of cardboard to even out the load.
Yes i was thinking of some aluminum 1by 1

Auto Transport Service
Back