• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dashboard AC cooling slot ducts. How to fix?

fullmetaljacket

Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know how to repair these Dashboard AC ducts when they become so lose that they don't stay open at all or the duct baffles don't stay in the direction that you put them in?
These are on a '73 Dodge Coronet.

IMG_0602.jpg

I'm not sure for your car but, I have been able to add friction to these with a piece of felt at the pivot area.
Mike

I recently had mine apart, there are metal pieces that hold the duct baffles, they also control the left and right movement.

These can be rusty or bent which in turn affects the movement of the baffles. I de-rusted mine and lubricated the baffles and not they operate smoothly.

52308262131_dce742999d_z.jpg

I recently had mine apart, there are metal pieces that hold the duct baffles, they also control the left and right movement.

These can be rusty or bent which in turn affects the movement of the baffles. I de-rusted mine and lubricated the baffles and not they operate smoothly.

View attachment 1342625
Nice. Thank you. Mine are the opposite, they're just too loose. I'm gonna take a good look at the backs once I have them out while I reinstall the new dash pad.

Auto Transport Service
Back