• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date code on mirror

plowman

Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
6C6E3199-9851-4C33-B64B-2154CF945034.png
i can not find anyone that does date codes on the drivers side door mirror. Any help here

Perhaps it's a DIY with a fine tip paint pen.

I think you'll need to find the mirror your looking for.

I'm not sure if ECS has a way to do this like they do for the rest of the glass.

If you happen to find an old one with the code you need in a pitted chrome fixture or it's floppy, it is possible to remove the mirror glass to save it.
upload_2018-8-18_8-53-34.png

View attachment 640011 i can not find anyone that does date codes on the drivers side door mirror. Any help here
Whats up old friend?

Date coded mirrors are a PITA.....Yours looks like 10JC0.....First numbers is the month and the last is the year...So that is Oct 1970...JC is the manufacturer....

Check with Resto Rick Kreuziger at www.restorick.com. I am pretty sure that at one time, he was offering the service. You can also check with anyone that does glass etching. Some shops are able to do it with a mask and something similar to glass beading and some use a chemical means to achieve the results. Let us know what you discover as it is something that needs to be available.

Check with Resto Rick Kreuziger at www.restorick.com. I am pretty sure that at one time, he was offering the service. You can also check with anyone that does glass etching. Some shops are able to do it with a mask and something similar to glass beading and some use a chemical means to achieve the results. Let us know what you discover as it is something that needs to be available.
I wish it was available as well.....I know Rick offered it at one time and I would like to know if he still does....

Rick no longer offers it. He only offers blanks.

Rick said, it was a blasting etchings process but he doesn’t do anymore

Auto Transport Service
Back