• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dated 3Q69? IQ70?

Road Grabber

Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking at some ignition wires from MegaParts.

Does anyone know what these date codes mean?

Dated 3Q69? IQ70?

Is this an engine code? Would these plug wires be cut any different?

Thank you

3rd quarter of 1969 and 1st quarter of 1970

Last edited:
What is the build date of the car? On your fender tag

Don’t have a fender tag. Years ago someone decided to cut the front and make it a tilt front end for show. Is that anywhere else? Don’t have a build sheet either. Seat we’re custom pleated leather.

I guess if I don’t have those things it wouldn’t matter but I do have another numbers matching car and it’s good to know.

if you find cars with a similar vin it might help narrow down the range your car was built. But even then its a guess.

The wires are exactly the same, just printed different date

I know some people that have run into this they go 3 months after the engine build (cast) date that is on the side of the engine block.

if you find cars with a similar vin it might help narrow down the range your car was built. But even then its a guess.

The wires are exactly the same, just printed different date

I figured as much. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t a difference in the way they were designed to run past or attach to the valve covers etc.

Thanks for the intel.

Assume no build sheet, under back seat or else where?

It was in rough shape but I will look for that too. Thank you
If you can piece it together enough to be sure it matches your car. Then the area for options are visible you could have a legit fender tag made. It could be worth the time

Does someone know how to read a fender tag to know the production date? I have another car that is numbers matching and would like to purchase the right set of wires.

IMG-0979.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back