1. rambo64

rambo64 Member

Local Time:
    12:28 AM
    I have a 1978 datsun 200b distributor which I am service it and I have remove breaker plate and found the control spring to the centrifugal weights there is only one spring should there be two springs and I check my other 200b distributor and the same thing only has one spring can any one help on the datsun 200b distributor

2. Photon440

Photon440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:28 AM
    Your datsun 200b isn't quite the 'b' body that we deal with here. :) If your advance rates are ok, you can probably just live with one spring although it's pretty likely that two were in there originally. If it's a Mitsubishi distributor like some other Nissan 4 cylinder engines used, getting springs should be no problem. Otherwise, use what you can. Some people put Chevy springs in those distributors to tune the advance rate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • MoparMur

MoparMur Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      8:28 AM
      Good answer Photon. You coulda laughed the guy right off this site, but you didn't. Always good to help someone if you can.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • kiwigtx

kiwigtx International Mod Staff Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        2:28 AM
        A company called "OnlineAutoParts" has it's head office in Brisbane - maybe it is in Australia....or maybe it's another scummy Indonesian posing as an Australian.

Link to an auction for a set of points for that engine is below...they may also have other distributor parts...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/ca...tm?rsqid=7602a3a6415b4fb8a34fe0624ceda790-003

• Like Like x 2
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.