• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daytona 3 ton jack

pjm8047

Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Just bought a new jack the Daytona 3 ton low profile jack for when im working on on my runner to get it really high to make it easier to work under it and working on my daily driver. Anyone here have one and how do they like it?

A5E33115-8553-4D49-A20F-01E2D3EEE2E0.jpeg

I opted out for the Pittsburgh 3 ton. No complaints except for the small pad. Just remember it's Harbor Freight.
20230225_151022.jpg

Still had problems getting it under some of these low slung front wheel drive cars with the frame way back under there. Made a set of these from a few 2x8's. They really help.
20230225_151317.jpg

I've had two of the Daytona jacks for a few years now. Three-ton Long Reach Low Profile and the three-ton Super Duty. They are both high quality jacks even though they have the Harbor Freight name on them. They Daytona line is a better quality than the lower-level HF jacks.

Last edited:
I opted out for the Pittsburgh 3 ton. No complaints except for the small pad. Just remember it's Harbor Freight.
View attachment 1424285

Still had problems getting it under some of these low slung front wheel drive cars with the frame way back under there. Made a set of these from a few 2x8's. They really help.
View attachment 1424288
Harbor freight and Amazon are really the only option these days unless u got money to throw at those tool trucks. Sears was my go to back in the day. Better off going to a swap meet then going to a big box auto parts store for a jack. Might be lucky and find a nice old made in the usa craftsman jack

Harbor freight and Amazon are really the only option these days unless u got money to throw at those tool trucks. Sears was my go to back in the day. Better off going to a swap meet then going to a big box auto parts store for a jack. Might be lucky and find a nice old made in the usa craftsman jack

You're right but like everything else, for the money spent, you might as well buy new and throw it away when it's done. Rebuilding a used one can be hit or miss when finding the right kit and when you do it might last it might not.

You're right but like everything else, for the money spent, you might as well buy new and throw it away when it's done. Rebuilding a used one can be hit or miss when finding the right kit and when you do it might last, it might not.
I work has a emergency roadside tech and we use the aluminum harbor freight jacks every day and they hold up really well so I figured the Daytona jack will work just as good for the 3-4 times id use it during the year. Just looking for the extra height. I made these last summer for working on the runner.

93276A59-03E4-4CFF-B0AF-A4144A25124D.jpeg

I have one just like yours, it's even the same color
I've used it almost weekly for a couple years and it still works well.

I have a killer snap on jack from the 80s that finally bought the farm....... I plan to rebuild it some day soon as my harbor freight replacement has left me less than fulfilled

Giant high buck wagner: crapped out
Steel and aluminum craftsman: crapped out.
Steel Harbor freight jack, home use: going strong
Small aluminum HF for race track use, throw in the hauler: ditto.

I get the aluminum jacks. They are typically 1/2 ton less in lift capacity. And more expensive. But are half the weight wheeling them things around. As I have aged, any energy saving is a plus!

My 20 something year old MAC jack no longer lifts. Time to replace. Looks like the Daytona will be it .

This guy seems to do a decent job reviewing all kinds of stuff. Did the Daytona a while back. I have sort of the same jack looks the same anyway but sold by Canadian Tire up here in Canada. Love mine, works great and has no problem picking up the Ram.

I have had my eye on the Daytona jacks for awhile as my 35 year old Craftsman I bought new, heavy *** jack but still going strong but getting tired.

The Daytona jacks are coming out of the same plant as Snap On. There were lawsuits flying around a while back.

I have a HF Pittsburg 3 ton low profile jack, and have a newer Daytona low profile, long reach jack. The Pittsburg strained a lot lifting my Dodge 3/4 ton and my Lincoln Towncar. The orange Daytona has no problem. I use them both in my garage, but the Daytona is my favorite by far.
I have found the Pittsburg works well with the add on cross beam that HF sells for their jacks. I have used it that way for support several times when removing and installing fuel tanks. I don't think I would want to jack up a vehicle with the cross beam, though...

I have a Hein-Werner 2 1/2 ton that's going on 50 years old. I've over-worked it most of it's life, and it's still good as new.

Auto Transport Service
Back