• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daytona steering column

Josephevers86

Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone is doing for a steering column on a clone. I have a 70 steering column in my 70. But would like to have more of an original look of a daytona. I just rather not swap out my dash. What's everyone doing in this situation.

I do not think the column is any different. Only thing needed is the steering wheel and horn pad.

You dont have a choice as 69 n 70 are different with the ingition switch n the flasher switch on the dash.Dont know if the 70 dash frame has hole to switch things over for ignition n than you have to find a good dash piece n change wiring n find a switch

Yah I missed the part where he's trying to clone a '69 model car from a '70 ! Rallye dash housing is the same for '68/9/70, cover bezel is different for each year.

I did not see that he said he way trying to clone a 69. It does not seem that he wants to do anything to the dash. That's why I suggested the wheel. Going back from 70 to 69 it going to be a lot more involving. Wheel, horn pad, doner column, dash pads, ignition switch, wiring harness. I am not sure his 70 dash frame will accept an ignition switch.

I did not see that he said he way trying to clone a 69. It does not seem that he wants to do anything to the dash. That's why I suggested the wheel. Going back from 70 to 69 it going to be a lot more involving. Wheel, horn pad, doner column, dash pads, ignition switch, wiring harness. I am not sure his 70 dash frame will accept an ignition switch.
nope

Auto Transport Service
Back