Daytona vs superbird.

Tony Tee

Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
Just by looking at both cars I always thought that the superbird was more streamlined. So I googled it and I'm still confused? The daytona has a drag coefficient of .28 and the superbird is .31
And the superbird won more races. So which one is more streamlined?

68 Sport Satellite

Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Good write-up here:
Dodge Charger Daytona & Plymouth Superbird: The Mopar Wing Cars
At a glance, the Superbird looks very similar to the Charger Daytona, but the nose cone and wing are totally different. The special nose was an inch longer and less angular than the Daytona's, and the trunk spoiler sat at a less-steep angle. The Superbird featured a vinyl top to hide the welds of the special flush rear window cap (the Daytona’s was blended into the body, which was costly) and the fender vents of the Superbird were no longer functional as they were on the Daytona. The opening in the nose cone was also widened to help alleviate the overheating problems that Daytona models experienced.

DeltaV

Endeavor to persevere
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
Better team like Mr. Petty's
:)
plymouth-superbird-32.jpg

64BEL

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
I just recently read this book. It was very good, and it gave a comprehensive history of Chrysler's involvement with Nascar before and leading up to the creation of the wing cars through the end of them after Bill France essentially outlawed them.

1661042877058.png