• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daytona window plug

What year vega and what do you have to do to the hatch to make it fit

You can also check Grant Janak in Houston.

I purchased a Daytona Plug from Mike/Dayclona….excellent workmanship and great guy to work with......He's on the Aero Section of the Dodge Charger Forum

You can also use a hatch from a Pontiac Astre, it was the cousin of the Vega.
I just scored a nice one from a salvage yard last week for $100.00.
The Vega/Astre window has a slightly different shape than the Daytona's. The glass flares out at the bottom a bit and the bottom edge has a slight curve.

astre hatch.JPG

Check the local C.L. The Chevy weenies do not know of this trick of using a Vega hatch. I picked one up for $35.00 for a complete hatch assembly. Once they find out there will be the usual Mopar mark up on price....

No, you need the hatch back style, not the station wagon like pictured.

Does anyone have measurements for me to go off of for using a vega hatch. I finally found one in a junk yard and I'm getting ready to install it. I just dont know where it needs to be positioned. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Does anyone have measurements for me to go off of for using a vega hatch. I finally found one in a junk yard and I'm getting ready to install it. I just dont know where it needs to be positioned. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
There are several threads on dodge harger.com in the aerocars section.

The wagon window is actually more like the correct shape of an original Daytona /500 rear window, I wonder if the demensions of the glass are close?

What year vega and what do you have to do to the hatch to make it fit
This will appear rude but with the way you appear, this is a pretty big step.
Sure you want to swing for the fences on this? Maybe start off with a simpler project to build some skills....

Auto Transport Service
Back