• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dealership Code, Need Decode

RRDon

Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
I have a very nice 68 road runner but I don't have any documentation or history on the car other than I know it's a real road runner and it's not stolen. And of course a clear title.
BUT I was able to get the original 'Dealership Code' off the door sticker (63597) Maine. Has anyone ever researched original 'Dealerships'? How best to get more history on the car?
The guy I bought it from was in failing health and wasn't able to give me any history.
RR Nice Re-Sized.jpg

I can't vouch for it's accuracy, it's from a list I got from somewhere, sometime ago.

I have a very nice 68 road runner but I don't have any documentation or history on the car other than I know it's a real road runner and it's not stolen. And of course a clear title.
BUT I was able to get the original 'Dealership Code' off the door sticker (63597) Maine. Has anyone ever researched original 'Dealerships'? How best to get more history on the car?
The guy I bought it from was in failing health and wasn't able to give me any history.
View attachment 1172851
Galen Govier should be able to assist you…..608-326-6346…..he is a Chrysler Historian…..he documented my 69 Charger for me…..any chance you have the build sheet on this car

Last edited:
Galen Govier should be able to assist you…..608-326-6346…..he is a Chrysler Historian…..he documented my 69 Charger for me…..any chance you have the build sheet on this car
Thanks, I'll see about getting in touch with him. No, I have zero original documentation on the car. Tons of receipts for all the time and money spent on the restoration but nothing on the history.

Have your credit card at the ready when you call... He doesn't do squat without getting paid..

Thanks, I'll see about getting in touch with him. No, I have zero original documentation on the car. Tons of receipts for all the time and money spent on the restoration but nothing on the history.
He can decode your VIN, fender tag (if you have it) and build sheet. (again, if you have it) Other than that there's nothing much else to find.

I do have the fender tag and I was able to decode it.
RR Fender Tag Bright.jpg

Sorry, I'll try to rotate the pic and repost it.

I do have the fender tag and I was able to decode it.
View attachment 1172877
Sorry, I'll try to rotate the pic and repost it.
If you have that and decoded it, Galen can't give you much more info than that. (and it will cost plenty and take a long time to get)

It's an original road runner 383 four speed car with 3:23 sure grip, QQ1 Electric Blue (nice combo). Of course my opinion might be a little biased. :usflag:

If you have that and decoded it, Galen can't give you much more info than that. (and it will cost plenty and take a long time to get)
Good point, I was thinking that too. He would have any way of knowing who the original owners were or what the history of the car was any more than I do.

Good point, I was thinking that too. He would have any way of knowing who the original owners were or what the history of the car was any more than I do.
Exactly.

Previous owner searches have to go through your local DMV.

Yeah, I already went down that path a while back. Seems like most all records from back in the 'olden days' before computers are no longer in existence. I guess when the digital age came along not much of the older records got transferred over. I suppose there was really no incentive to spend the time and effort on that project. :/

You’ll find everyone has an opinion on this website….Galen did an outstanding job decoding my car…..of course he wants paid….I just happened to have my build sheet….I got a lot of paperwork back from him….money well spent on a numbers matching 1 of 69 Chargers built in Hamntrack, Michigan…..

Yeah, if you have a build sheet he can do a lot more with that.
Did you pull your rear seat out to see if it is there….it’s definitely worth doing…that’s how I found mine….and I was astonished to know how rare it was….

Oh, this car had a full rotisserie restoration over a decade ago. All that stuff is way long gone in the past. Seats and interior are all brand new. BTW, I've had the seats out myself a long time ago and checked. No paper work anywhere.

Auto Transport Service
Back