• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decal Supplier besides ECS?

SMS68

Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
Any other company out there make door VIN decals and vin plate transfers besides ECS?

I sent my order to ECS, with a picture of my original. They charged my card and then emailed me to tell me my decal was not original and asking me where it came from. Seems like they were implying I had a fake and didn’t want my business.

Car is 71 Road Runner wearing what’s left of its original paint with no signs of rework. Very odd.

Hmm.
I've had some lengthy conversations with a few of the sales guys from ECS for the past 3 years, when they visit Carlisle PA. Got a very good vibe from them, hanging out at the same hotel.
Doesn't sound right to me either.
I would try and speak to another person or a supervisor there, doesn't sound like the guys I've dealt with.
Sorry, but forget their names.

I’ll throw the picture up for discussion. The issue they had is the dashes in the vin. I’ve seen others with dashes, not common for sure but one thing I’ve learned about Mopar is there were a lot of variables depending on plant and timeframe.

Everything else jives; vin plate, body stampings, fender tag etc…

94729FD0-0DEA-4FF7-9AF0-148638943683.jpeg

I’ll throw the picture up for discussion. The issue they had is the dashes in the vin. I’ve seen others with dashes, not common for sure but one thing I’ve learned about Mopar is there were a lot of variables depending on plant and timeframe.

Everything else jives; vin plate, body stampings, fender tag etc…

View attachment 1201345
I have seen other cars similar to yours posted with dashes in the VIN on that decal. :thumbsup:

The only thing I see as curious....ids that the 'I' in the year of manufacture, should actually be a '1'
That may be a bone of contention with someone else wanting - or not wanting to reproduce that decal.

It may also raise eyebrows with potential future buyers of the car.

Entirely possible, Anybody else have dashes in their door VIN?

Only game in town...

I see your decal is starting to peel, it should say VOID VOID VOID if it's peeled off if original.

Font on yours is also larger than on my '70. (that could be a car line difference!)
DCP03657.JPG

Tom should still be the salesman... ask him for an explanation. tom @ ecsautomotive.com

Last edited:
FWIW - I ordered a door decal this summer from ECS for my U code 73 Road Runner which is a Windsor car. None of the online views matched mine, but they replicated the picture that I sent and I was happy with what they sent me and quick turn-around too. I recommend them.

As an aside, a few years ago, the major players "wanted" documents documents documents (build sheet, vin rubbing, fender tag rubbing, registration, etc). While I understand and respect the need to minimize faking cars, I was only seeking a door decal for a car that was missing the build sheet and fender tag and all I had (have) is the dash vin and door decal. The original door (which I still have) required significant work and it was easier to use a rust free replacement.

So you said you sent them a pic of the dash VIN plate?
I don't see the issue, unless you are requesting the same dashes in the decal?

So you said you sent them a pic of the dash VIN plate?
I don't see the issue, unless you are requesting the same dashes in the decal?

They only requested a picture of the sticker being replaced.

Turns out it’s the font, not the dashes. They’ve seen dashes before.

They didn’t ask for them, just the sticker.
They're getting lax since David passed away. You needed everything and your first born to prove it before. Like I said, email Tom.. send him pics of all your tags and stamps. As I noted myself the Font looked suspect... you'll know for sure if you peel it off.

Got it sorted out. They maintain the font is wrong but they had me confirm with picture of fender tag and they’re getting me hooked up.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back