• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

decisions need to be made

ord27

Local time
4:01 AM
Reaction score
Okay guys. Need some help. I know that there are several threads about this. Here is another.

1970 Superbee

I've been storing my car in a friends extra warehouse. He has sold his restoration shop, but is still in charge of operations. The new owner wants all cars gone that aren't scheduled for some work. understandable
I've told him that we need to go with a frame stiffening system and I want the spray on heat and sound stuff
I'm looking to install a coil over front end with rack and pinion and modern geometry

I'm also wanting a 4 link coil over rear end

Eventually, it will be powered by a big 572 Hemi and a 5 or 6 speed manual

need help deciding on the front and rear setup

what do yall recommend?
Gerst?
RMS street lynx?

Something else

oh, this will be a street cruiser. Probably never a strip, but it will be driven a lot
thanks

just saw Woodsy's post. Sorry for the dupliacte

Gerst?
RMS street lynx?
I have asked about, read about, fretted over those options for far too long.
Let me add that the direction I'm taking my real V-code, non #s matching drivetrain 70 Roadrunner is the "boulevard bruiser" cruiser with a drag strip tilt.
In other words improved traction, braking, and steering are all objectives, but not "corner carving".
Up until a recent thread that I started a few days ago, I was dead set on a RMS StreetLynx or Gerst triangulated rear suspension. I know of a couple of very successful frequent quarter mile drag racers who use that setup and told me in no uncertain terms that it would also improve ride and handling, but ultimately I decided to use the Caltracs setup because of the focus of my goals and wanting the flexibility of reversing the suspension mods to retain the intrinsic value of my V-code.
I also looked really hard at the various rack and pinion steering, torsion bar removing, coilover front suspensions. I made a number of phone calls and asked lots of questions, and needed to address a problem with the lack of adjustability in the UCAs and the front suspension geometry all around. But they all looked like the costs would range from $3,800 to $6,000 and for my purposes I chose a complete QA1 K-member and front suspension system with the exception being SPC UCAs. Once again, that suits my goals and resolves my problems while allowing for complete reversibility for intrinsic value.
To answer your question, they are both good products, but I would choose Carl Gerst. My experience with Carl has been top notch, from the time he introduced his product to not long ago when I was asking questions about the rear suspension. It's good when "the MAN" will get on the phone with you to answer questions and offer tech support.
IMO-YRMV

Auto Transport Service
Back