• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deck height with Max Wedge intake ?

557hemi

Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
I have a 440 block that is 10.66 and want to use it to build a Max Wedge. Anyone know if I’ll have problems fitting an A&A intake with this deck height ? Thanks

If my memory is correct, stock spec deck height is 10.725. Although the blocks I've had were always under 10.720. I would think at 10.66 you might have to cut the manifold surfaces. I don't remember the math. YMMV
Someone here will have a definitive answer.

jim

Thanks for the chart. I knew I’d have to cut intake flanges to match but after looking at pics I’m wondering about intake to valve cover clearance after lowering/narrowing intake ??? Thanks guys

And then is the head "stock". I would mock this stuff up to get an idea..

That's it exactly. What heads do you intend on using? Pre assemble to see how close it is. And if it's obvious that it's going to need correction, load everything up to take to your very much trusted machinist to get what needs to be done to make everything match up to true. With a probable over .050 cut, it's almost certainly going to need some machine work to fit properly.

Nobody seems to have asked. Are you using the maxwedge version, or the 440 head version of A&A intake? 440 or max heads?

Most likely will be 500” with cnc stealth heads and A&A 440 version Xram.
Thinking about buying complete intake setup from Mancini. Probably best to start with a fresh block, but might try and get intake and mock it up. Thanks

Since its a new build run thick head gaskets and get pistons made to be out of the hole. Simple.

Since its a new build run thick head gaskets and get pistons made to be out of the hole. Simple.

Thank you very much. I already figured that out but didn’t post it in fear of getting flamed. Haha
I have a bunch of new parts and different options but I decided to swap cranks from 4.15 to 4.25. Assembly wasn’t balanced so I’ll get a new crank. I can use the 4.15 in a different motor. So instead of building at 10.66, assembly will be 10.705.
4.25, 7.1 and 1.48 Icon with 16.4 dish.
Piston has .32 above ring, so .045 above deck with a .090 Cometic should work fine. 10.5-1
Intake should fit without milling.
Thanks

Last edited:
Nobody seems to have asked. Are you using the maxwedge version, or the 440 head version of A&A intake? 440 or max heads?

So I want to build a stock appearing motor with aluminum heads (painted) and stealths seem to be the only option. Been searching for Super Stealths but no luck. I would much rather have max wedge ports and spent the money on a max port intake than 440 port, But you can’t always get what you want. Any other options I’m missing ???

So I want to build a stock appearing motor with aluminum heads (painted) and stealths seem to be the only option. Been searching for Super Stealths but no luck. I would much rather have max wedge ports and spent the money on a max port intake than 440 port, But you can’t always get what you want. Any other options I’m missing ???
Open the stealths up to max size. I think Dwayne Porter has done it. PRH, Porter racing heads.

Thanks,
I didn’t think there was enough meat,
I’ll have to ask him. He’s doing a set of edelbrocks for me now.

Auto Transport Service
Back