• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decoding my 1967 Dodge Coronet

Bold & Old

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
HelloI am looking to find out how this car was originally conceived. Any help is appreciated....

Thanks in advance....:)

WS23L71205760

180.jpg

Hard to read. Looks like R/T with 440, 4 speed with 3.54 dana 60. Dark red metallic(QQ1?). 14 x 7.75 red stripe tires. March 22, 1967 scheduled production date. Black bucket seats. AM radio. 26 inch radiator. Black vinyl roof. My eyes are sore.

67 Dodge Coronet R/T, 440 4-speed 3:54 Dana, 26" radiator. Production date March 22, 1967.
QQ1 Dark Red Metallic, Black bucket seat interior, no console, black accent strip. R1 AM radio. A few other codes that I would have to look up.

Hard to read. Looks like R/T with 440, 4 speed with 3.54 dana 60. Dark red metallic(QQ1?). 14 x 7.75 red stripe tires. March 22, 1967 scheduled production date. Black bucket seats. AM radio. 26 inch radiator. Black vinyl roof. My eyes are sore.
Vinyl top code?

If it is a 6 under the Y, then my info says black vinyl top. It is hard to read. I could be wrong of course.

try this one... Looks like a 6 or 0.... I think 6.

180.jpg

The vinal top isn't there... but I like it either way! :usflag:

Thanks Guys!!

Man I have seen some crusty fender tags in my time but that one looks like it's been there since the pyramids were built.
No doubt that one has been there since 1967. My guess is at least 3 paint jobs.

Man I have seen some crusty fender tags in my time but that one looks like it's been there since the pyramids were built.
No doubt that one has been there since 1967. My guess is at least 3 paint jobs.
At least it's not rusty! :thumbsup:

d/6 = 426 = rear seat speaker
j/4 = 544 = body sill molding
u/1 = 691 = sold car/expedite = someone ordered it and is waiting for it.

F/3 = 363 = Coronet R/T package

06675 = rest of sales order number

Send a copy of your registration to FCA and they will send you a copy of the IBM punch card.
It will tie your VIN to your SON and possibly give you the original dealer.

From another post:

email [email protected]

Please provide us with proof of ownership, i.e. a copy of the title or registration, and your mailing address and we will send you the build card.

We will, when possible, provide you with the original selling dealers name and city.

Thank you for contacting us and we hope that the build card information is helpful to you.

Danielle Szostak-Viers

I find this interesting, my 67 R/T is also 440-4speed, QQ1, dark red metalic, Lynch Rd car. Built 3/08

Auto Transport Service
Back