• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decoding my 1967 Plymouth Belvedere 11

Bold & Old

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone decode this tag? Thanks in advance Mike

belvedere.,.JPG

67 Belvedere II 2 door hardtop, 383 4 speed 3.23 sure grip. Black bench interior, dark green body and roof, black upper door frame paint, 775-14 black wall tires. Cleaner air package-CALIF, AM radio. Ordered car, tinted glass all windows, rear seat speaker fader. Scheduled build date April 24, 1967

im a little unclear on how to decode in the book but it appears it has sill moulding and body side moulding. Which does happen sometimes.

great car, what shape is it in now? Photos?

Last edited:
67 Belvedere II 2 door hardtop, 383 4 speed 3.23 sure grip. Black bench interior, dark green body and roof, black upper door frame paint, 775-14 black wall tires. Cleaner air package-CALIF, AM radio. Ordered car, tinted glass all windows, rear seat speaker fader. Scheduled build date April 24, 1967

I am a little unclear on how to decode in the book but it appears it has sill molding and body side molding. Which does happen sometimes.

Well it appears that the tag isn't the original tag that came with the car. The is rust free car I bought recently is in California now and will be headed my way in about a mouth when the weather is better. The original color is Richard Petty, raced a Sky Blue, #43.
My interior is complete with white seats with black or dark blue carpet with 4spd, no console, disc front brakes with no motor or transmission. The rear axle i was told is a open 8 3/4. I did a search on the title vin and this is what I came up with.

RH23H75151851
This vehicle is a 1967 Plymouth Belvedere II
2-door Hardtop,
383-4v V8 engine
and was the 51,851st car scheduled for production at the
Los Angeles, CA assembly plant.

belvedere16.JPG
Belvedere6.JPG
Belvedere5 - Copy.JPG
Belvedere.JPG
Belvedere7.JPG
Belvedere8.JPG
Belvedere10.JPG
Belvedere.JPG
Belvedere11.JPG
Belvedere12.JPG
I will upload on another post it seems that I hit my limit with pictures.

Seats and door panels are 1966 Coronet 500.

dash and cluster is 67 Plymouth

look on core support drivers side for 10 numbers stamped in the metal. Could be on top side or facing the engine.

Last edited:
belvedere14.JPG
belv.jpg
belv2.JPG
Belvedere4.JPG
Belvedere2.JPG
Belvedere13.JPG
belvedere15.JPG
belv3.JPG
1 16  20.png
Thanks for your info.... I looked for some Legendary seats that matched my cars seat were from a Dodge coronet 500. I found this today.........
I do not have the car to take a look see.... I am happy because it was what I was searching for. No rust and a original 4spd car for my 426 4spd. I guess it would be hard to speculate until I have it home. I want to put a Dana in it. I am looking for a fun car put together by me. I have built many cars in my past... some concurs Jaguars, corvettes, many model As and found a fun cars are special because you bring the builder and mechanic on every ride. The critic is in the drivers seat. I have never been stranded...... I love the time I was born because I got to buy these cars new. You all have been very special because I love learning and learning keeps alive... I still have not decided what direction I should go ... Any thoughts?

Thank you all for your input.....

Seats and door panels are 966 Coronet 500.

dash and cluster is 67 Plymouth

look on core support drivers side for 10 numbers stamped in the metal. Could be on top side or facing the engine.

what does the numbers on the Radiator support indicate? Mike

The core support numbers will tell us if that fender tag goes with that body. It will have some same info on it.

I see it has console brackets on the floor. That didn’t come like that they were added on.

im a little unclear on how to decode in the book but it appears it has sill moulding and body side moulding. Which does happen sometimes.

I might put the bench seat back and paint it GG1 or dark green. You are saying that the top was painted black? or a black vinal top? I can not picture two dark colors.
Thank you for your help!!

The core support numbers will tell us if that fender tag goes with that body. It will have some same info on it.

I see it has console brackets on the floor. That didn’t come like that they were added on.

I had the guy I bought the car from said the numbers on the support are the same as the title. :>)

uh, oh

67 and earlier core support # is the SO number, NOT the VIN

Not sure what (SO) refers too..... sorry ... I have very little social media skills.

Maybe I miss understood .... I can not speak to you thru a third party intelligently in California where the vehicle is.. Please bear with me.

So how does the GTX picture fit in, the picture.

I am new with this web site .... I guess I replied to the wrong party... Sorry

Which car are we talking about?

You've shown us 2 cars and a tag that doesn't appear to match either car.

My comment about the SO number-

Before 1968, the Sequence Order number (the same number that is on the fender tag) was stamped on the radiator core support.

1968 and newer had the VIN stamped there.

If the title to your car has the SO number (and not the VIN), you may have a problem.

Before 1968, the Sequence Order number (the same number that is on the fender tag) was stamped on the radiator core support.

If the title to your car has the SO number (and not the VIN), you may have a problem.

I am new with this web site .... I guess I replied to the wrong party... Sorry

View attachment 904768 View attachment 904769 View attachment 904770 View attachment 904781 View attachment 904782 View attachment 904783 View attachment 904784 View attachment 904789 View attachment 904802 Thanks for your info.... I looked for some Legendary seats that matched my cars seat were from a Dodge coronet 500. I found this today.........
I do not have the car to take a look see.... I am happy because it was what I was searching for. No rust and a original 4spd car for my 426 4spd. I guess it would be hard to speculate until I have it home. I want to put a Dana in it. I am looking for a fun car put together by me. I have built many cars in my past... some concurs Jaguars, corvettes, many model As and found a fun cars are special because you bring the builder and mechanic on every ride. The critic is in the drivers seat. I have never been stranded...... I love the time I was born because I got to buy these cars new. You all have been very special because I love learning and learning keeps alive... I still have not decided what direction I should go ... Any thoughts?

Thank you all for your input.....

A foot note.....
I am totally new to social correctness of this web site. I am old school mentality and have trouble communicating in some reply's. I do not understand all the likes dislikes and do not particularly much care to participate in this. Don't be offended if I do not follow the normal ways of communicating here! I am honest and never been in jail and counting.
Thank you all in advance for your understanding!

Yes there is a Sequence Order number is on the rad support....I am 2500 miles from the car. I may have misspoke about the vin.... thing. SO numbers do some how related to the vin some how.
I will get back to you when I have the facts and not speculate as I did.
Just a old guy still learning... Thanks

I see it has console brackets on the floor in the photo.
You are right on the console brackets.... I looked at the photo and this picture is not my car. I do not know how it got in my photo album. The seats in the picture are black or dark green and the dash is super nice. I know my cars narrow front center dash pad has a gouge in the center of the dash. The picture on the one you were referring to is perfect. this picture is not from the car I bought.

I do not know how to remove this picture I posted... good eyes... :>)
Thanks Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back