• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deep into rewiring!

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm well into the rewiring of my 65 Belvedere. I am using the Infinity Box system. I also am adding some extra wiring outside of the parameters of the Infinity system. I have a FAST 2.0 EFI system, MSD ignition, oil accumulator solenoid, 50 watt stereo amp, electric fuel pump with controller, Vintage Air A/C with heat, all new instruments from Auto Meter (8), Gear Vendors overdrive, electronic rear view mirror, exhaust cut outs, fan powered transmission cooler, Wizard radiator with 4 electric fans (2 stages), and driving lights with halos. All from scratch with new wire.
Mike
Switch Plate.JPG
IMG_2614.JPG
IMG_2621.JPG
IMG_2622.JPG
IMG_2623.JPG
IMG_2624.JPG

Looks like fun and you will know everything inside and out. Wiring can be challenging and rewarding as well. Watching with great interest and more pictures please. Thank you for letting everyone follow along.

Looks like you are well on your way to a nice clean job. Wiring isn't for everybody. I've always liked doing it.
Doug

Are you using fuses or circuit breakers.

Are you using fuses or circuit breakers.
I have a couple circuit breakers, an auxiliary panel with 6 fused circuits, and each Infinity Power Cell has ten fused circuits. The Power Cells also have diagnostic LEDs for each circuit.
Mike

Looking good there Sparky. Looks like a mess now, but wait till its loomed and clipped up.

That is some serious "additional" wiring you got going on Mike, looking awesome. I don't have to tell ya, make some good electrical diagrams as you proceed, the next slub that inherits your baby will need them one day.....

That is some serious "additional" wiring you got going on Mike, looking awesome. I don't have to tell ya, make some good electrical diagrams as you proceed, the next slub that inherits your baby will need them one day.....
Already on it!
Mike

Nice job. I enjoy the process of wiring, but my jobs always end up looking like Ray Charles wired the car at night using only his feet.

I notice you have a fuel pump controller wired in. Just a note....I had one in my car that failed between runs at an NMCA event. Cost me a qualifying run. A quick rewiring of the fuel pump solved the issue and got me back on track. Since the car doesn't see much street use anymore, I won't be replacing it.

Nice job. I enjoy the process of wiring, but my jobs always end up looking like Ray Charles wired the car at night using only his feet.

I notice you have a fuel pump controller wired in. Just a note....I had one in my car that failed between runs at an NMCA event. Cost me a qualifying run. A quick rewiring of the fuel pump solved the issue and got me back on track. Since the car doesn't see much street use anymore, I won't be replacing it.
Since mine is strictly a street car I wanted to use one.
Mike

As I was looking at this, I thought the same thing. Good thing Mike is on it. I draw mine up before I start to give me sort of a road map, then I make changes as needed to the diagram because wiring a car is a very fluid process.
I do a lot of this type of wiring and I do a ton of wiring diagnosis for my day job and my side work is a ton of it.

I felt the same way about a controller, mine is still in its box. Lol. I wrote a function in my Holley that is a fuel pump controller. My pump moves so much fuel that even my Holley regulator couldn't flow enough to get the pressure down to 40 psi. So, I used a SSR and PWM the output to limit the speed of the pump at specific speed and map levels. I was told it wouldn't work, on my third year with it and still functions like the first day. I can dial pressure back to 30 psi now if I want to.
Didn't mean to hijack. Keep up the good work Mike!

Auto Transport Service
Back