• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deleting posts

Yup, but not so much on this site.
There have been a few times where I’ve gotten into it here with members and things deteriorated to a level I wasn’t comfortable with or proud of. I’ve deleted some posts and apologized for a few.
But not much, and as far as I know we’ve essentially shaken hands and moved on. I love this site for that. The moderators do a great job of, well, moderating.
There is one Canadian gun site that I’m part of. I now only use it to buy and sell, NEVER to discuss ANYTHING. It is populated by the biggest number of trolls and douchebags of any site that I’m aware of. If you’re not one of the cool, “in” members they will single you out for abuse until you are silenced or leave. But it is a great place to buy stuff so I just keep my big mouth shut.

I was asking questions and offering advice that the the guy totally ignored. I won’t be to hasty to offer advice anymore. Others asked the same questions and they were ignored also. I agree that this is a great sight. Kim

Don't go Kimmer, their are a lot of us on here that don't know everything.:thumbsup:

I think I know the thread you were talking about, don't sweat it, some times you can lead a horse to water etc. You did the right thing, and that was what this site and the world needs people to do.
Don't let the one person who won't listen spoil it for the hundred who do.

Ehhh..every now and you get one of those people. You're one of the good guys Kim, don't let it bug you.
I've deleted posts, mostly when I gave duplicate advice, or just suddenly lost interest...

I was asking questions and offering advice that the the guy totally ignored. I won’t be to hasty to offer advice anymore. Others asked the same questions and they were ignored also. I agree that this is a great sight. Kim

Happens all the time on these internet forums. Also, happens with people you are actually building an engine for. I could rant on, but not tonight..

Why would you shut out a great community for one idiot's mistake?

If you’re not one of the cool, “in” members they will single you out for abuse until you are silenced or leave. But it is a great place to buy stuff so I just keep my big mouth shut

It can be like that here too....especially in the Political Section. "Other points of view will not be tolerated!!!". But the great Info I get from all the other sections far outweigh the negatives of the site. I don't contribute much to the technical sections on here as I feel that my knowledge is pretty low compared to lots of the experts on here....and Im relatively new to classic American cars.....unlike over on the ALFA forum....where all I really do is dish out tech advise and I worked on more regular cars for a living for quite a while. Every days a school day on here!!

Last edited:
How bout we send Vinnie and Lou over to uhh... discuss the matter with him?

Humphrey+Bogart+with+a+Shotgun.jpg

Don't put so much weight into your posts. It is the same as having a large group of guys all hanging out in a large group and you offer input. If somebody doesn't respond do you leave or just carry on?

Sometimes it seems like people ask for help but they can't read.
I've had it a couple times where I gave what I thought was helpful accurate advice.
Totally ignored and went down the "dumb" path anyway or worse yet came back with harsh criticism.
My grandfather used to say "there's an idiot born every minute, and unfortunately most of them live".
But I do like to help people and the challenge of fixing a car without even looking at it.
That part is fun.

I do it all the time I've found it easier to just ad them to my ignore list which would explain why I have over 60+ participants

Lack of context or point-of-view make many posts pointless.

Example: The 20,000 cfm carb made 5+ HP more on the dyno, but I don't drive a dyno :)

Hang in there Kim. I am getting "Old Timers Syndrome". I just don't want to understand why the young and new members in the car hobby ask the same questions that have been asked and answered a million times and expect a instant answer bypassing all the important learning along the way. Don't be so fricken lazy and look up the answers first, then ask if you still can't figure it out. Even us old duffs have different answers but none of them are completely wrong under every condition. 10 guys with 50 years experience each is 500 years of total experience. Listen and learn! Rant over.

Last edited:
Hello
This is my first post - even tho I have been a member for a while.
OldKimmer, one thing to take in consideration is that although your (or others) posts are not answered, doesn't mean the advice is not taken. There are people like me that research through the posts, in order to advance on our projects... advice is greatly appreciated but not acknowledged. I am in that "older" age group that is not too computer savvy so I don't usually contribute to forums.
As far a forums go, this has to be one of the better ones. The absolute worst has to be some Mustang forums (84 to present) where insults and disrespect is a common place.
Nothing should be taken too seriously in a big forum like this

Regards

Keep at it Kim and just ignore the entitled ones. There are a limited few here that I won't offer advise to anymore, that never say thanks or even acknowledge you tried to help them.

-- Hang in there Kim. -- _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 10 guys with 50 years experience each is 500 years of total experience. Listen and learn! --
-- That, plus a bunch of nice Guys, is what keeps Me coming back. -- A-Bodies Forum, also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto Transport Service
Back