• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Delphi/Packard Series 56 bulkhead connectors info?

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering which crimp tool yuse Guys are using on these to crimp the wire and the insulation? There are cheap "pliers" that will
do one at a time, or the Kent Moore J-38125, or the Delphi Packard 12085271 that does both at the same time. The latter tools are
kind of pricey, so I'm not really a fan. I just want to get some advice from those of you that have been through this journey! Thanks
for the help! Wiring is always FUN!

The deluxe ones do a professional job but unless you are doing hundreds of connectors, it might be hard to justify.

I sold probably 100 or more of these. With a little practice you can get a good crimp.

crimper.jpg2.jpg

Just wondering which crimp tool yuse Guys are using on these to crimp the wire and the insulation? There are cheap "pliers" that will
do one at a time, or the Kent Moore J-38125, or the Delphi Packard 12085271 that does both at the same time. The latter tools are
kind of pricey, so I'm not really a fan. I just want to get some advice from those of you that have been through this journey! Thanks
for the help! Wiring is always FUN!
Here's a short video to show you how.

I have the MSD ratcheting crimpers for doing spark plug wires, and then got the dies for the different terminal types. ($104.36 + about $200 for the 4 additional different dies)
MSD 35051 Pro Crimp Tool, Ratchet Action
They are decent, but could be better. I ended up getting the actual Delphi Packard crimpers. It is nice to have more than one set of crimpers if wiring a car, that way you don't have to swap dies for the different terminal types.
For the 56 terminals, I have the Delphi 06285847 crimper ($78.57 from TTI) 06285847 Part Detail | TTI, Inc.

For the 59 terminals, the Delphi 12040070 crimper ($78.57 from TTI) 12040070 Part Detail | TTI, Inc.

Yes, I have much more than $500 invested in crimpers. Just another reason to buy the reproduction harness if the car is close to stock and not doing custom wiring.

Last edited:
Yeah, we can really get carried away with this hobby! The bulkhead connectors that I purchased
on FleaBay are Tin coated copper, so I will be soldering the connectors after crimping them. I
know it sounds like overkill, but hey! Thanks for all the info!

Auto Transport Service
Back