• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Denver Real Estate.

SteveSS

Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
My daughter set the price very high for her little house. It's been on the market since Friday noon. There are already offers for $30,000 over her asking price.

My sister got $60,000 over asking price in four days

$360,000

Paid $189,000 seven years ago

Just north of Green Bay , WI

Location Location - Newer home , near schools , nice area on a cul de sac

Sold themselves online thru some website , lady found it thru Facebook Market
Four people made offers

Moving to Florida to bee closer to their kids , my niece isn’t doing well

They know the downside now of trying to figure out what to buy next or how they want to live with the money
In there 50s - Transfer job with UPS , works part time to cover there medical

We where looking at buying a new home 5 - 7 years ago in this area north of Green Bay where we live now since 2000

1800 - 2200 Sq Ft - 1 acre / 1.5 acre of land - Septic and well water - Full basement of course
Those home where in the $225 - $250 range

Today - Today these same damn spec homes , vinyl plank flooring and some carpeting
No granite - Full basement - No walk in showers with tile
1.5 acres

$380 - $425 range

Where is all this money coming from ? Because they are selling

It's certainly nice to get that much over asking price until you go hunting for your next home & discover that you too have to pay tens of thousands over asking price.

Denver area is beautiful, but the traffic there is a real issue. We loved the Boulder area, but the prices are astronomical due to the influx of people from other high-tax states.

Anywhere you look, there's been a sharp increase over the past 3 years but it's starting to slow down. Maybe the bubble will burst soon.

Maybe the bubble will burst soon.
Like when they finally get rid of this stupid eviction moratorium. Once that clears...there's gonna be a ton of foreclosures on the market. Just a matter of time. So many people are completely underwater by now, there's no way they'll ever get right with their banks again.

Sell now, rent for 6 mos, then buy a foreclosure.

I live in the Maryland countryside. My neighbor just sold a house much smaller than mine for 650K. But Im not selling. Since my divorce, I have rented my big house to Military Families, and I live in the 1400sf detached garage apartment. Ya, real estate is nuts right now....

I live in the Maryland countryside. My neighbor just sold a house much smaller than mine for 650K. But Im not selling. Since my divorce, I have rented my big house to Military Families, and I live in the 1400sf detached garage apartment. Ya, real estate is nuts right now....
You're not too far from me...

I'm looking to get a military tenant in my open apartment. Screw the moratoriums, if you don't pay you're out. Military would understand that. AND, not trash my place! I'm about 5 min from Camp David...I wonder if I could drive up to the gate (without getting shot!) and drop a business card for anyone who may be looking....hmm....

Colorado is my ancestral home - my GG Uncle helped found what is now Crested Butte and Gunnison in Colorado Territorial days (pre-1876). I'm fourth-gen Coloradan. It pains me to see what Colorado has turned into since the early 1990s - California Lite. And, yeah, I'll rag on the invaders all day long. They've destroyed a beautiful state. Went back a couple of years ago for my class reunion. The whole character of my small town is gone, replaced by pure crap. My heart breaks for Colorado.

Denver area is beautiful, but the traffic there is a real issue. We loved the Boulder area, but the prices are astronomical due to the influx of people from other high-tax states.

Anywhere you look, there's been a sharp increase over the past 3 years but it's starting to slow down. Maybe the bubble will burst soon.

I bought a car from a gut in Fort Collins a few years ago & in my short time there, I thought that was a nice area.

You're not too far from me...

I'm looking to get a military tenant in my open apartment. Screw the moratoriums, if you don't pay you're out. Military would understand that. AND, not trash my place! I'm about 5 min from Camp David...I wonder if I could drive up to the gate (without getting shot!) and drop a business card for anyone who may be looking....hmm....
I use two websites to attract the Military . One is AHRN and the other is For Military by Owner. Everytime I've listed my house, I got a tenant within two weeks. I have somewhat of an advantage though. There are many Military installations near me and the Military move a lot. :thumbsup:

I use two websites to attract the Military . One is AHRN and the other is For Military by Owner. Everytime I've listed my house, I got a tenant within two weeks. I have somewhat of an advantage though. There are many Military installations near me and the Military move a lot. :thumbsup:
Cool resources, thanks!

I'm 5 min from Camp David, and 20 min from Detrick in Frederick. I don't even need a "family" - my apt is a fresh-reno 2 bed/1 bath / sunroom / balcony, perfect for a single soldier with or without a roommate...also across the street from a decommissioned base (Ft Ritchie) which is 500+ acres of free access for running, hiking, fishing, rowing, biking...

I'll definitely check out those resources, thanks!

My sister got $60,000 over asking price in four days

$360,000

Paid $189,000 seven years ago

Just north of Green Bay , WI

Location Location - Newer home , near schools , nice area on a cul de sac

Sold themselves online thru some website , lady found it thru Facebook Market
Four people made offers

Moving to Florida to bee closer to their kids , my niece isn’t doing well

They know the downside now of trying to figure out what to buy next or how they want to live with the money
In there 50s - Transfer job with UPS , works part time to cover there medical

They need to find a good shelter for the proceeds. Capitol gains on that with the new weaponized IRS reporting could get kind of scary. ( I hope the niece is going to be ok)

My daughter set the price very high for her little house. It's been on the market since Friday noon. There are already offers for $30,000 over her asking price.
Crazy isn't it

Prices for real-estate around here are sky high also. Most sell way above asking. It use to be cheaper to build a house. Back 10 years ago (or less) you could build a house for around $150-200 sqft. Today double that, even with lumber back to normal prices. They say its the labour shortage driving the prices.

Auto Transport Service
Back