• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Derwud's 70 Charger R/T build.

Derwud

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Well she has sat since 1988 and it is time to start.. I am going to ignore some of, oh hell, almost all of the body work and get the car running and mechanically "perfect" and drive it and do a panel at a time..

Here is what I am starting with..

IMAG0194_1433734790254.jpg IMAG0193_1433734818124.jpg IMAG0190_1433734838671.jpg

Nice R/T! We'll be watching. Keep the pics coming.

Cool car I like your idea just get it road worthy and drive it as is just have fun with it you can always restore it later.

Nice place it begin!

That looks like a very nice 70 there, Best wishes getting it running!!!

Well got some Father's Day inspiration.

7TS56s354Vp8WMeAE2t1cp6Gv9xbtGhhhpthmqEXAA=w1205-h681-no

Pp-VAbo32n2_8JlQX2d868yon-PN7D7lZATxB0vGVQ=w1205-h681-no

The disassembly is kind of a fun part. Label, mark, bag or box your parts as they come off, or even take a lot of pics. I didn't do that as good as I should and now I have a lot of stuff to figure out where it goes back.

Just need to pull the motor...

Attachments

• up in the air 800.jpg
    up in the air 800.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 627
  • exhaust down 800.jpg
    exhaust down 800.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 656
  • removed all underneath.jpg
    removed all underneath.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 638
  • Motor is ready to pull.jpg
    Motor is ready to pull.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 642
Man I hate you wish I ha that car sooo bad!!

The disassembly is kind of a fun part. Label, mark, bag or box your parts as they come off, or even take a lot of pics. I didn't do that as good as I should and now I have a lot of stuff to figure out where it goes back.

Yes sir, I couldn't have said that better! Bag-N-tag, saves money as well as time, when i did my 73 i did some cleaning and was a arm full of throwing my marker lights in a truck with junk lol, not a good deal.
I love the 70 Charger, i know the 69 is most likely the favorite of some but a 70 is just plain cool, good luck man, i will need to watch the progress with this... I have a magazine here with a HEMI 70 Charger that i think ive read a dozen times all black she looks as mean as they come! :) Enjoy your build!!!

Well, after 45 years, the engine finally came out.

Attachments

• IMAG0359.jpg
    IMAG0359.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 633
  • IMAG0358.jpg
    IMAG0358.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 602
Original Plum Crazy car? the Engine compartment looks a little purple to me but I am very blind.

Great car to build on. The 70s are nice cars. Good luck with getting her running. Keep us posted.

Torn down to a short block. Engine won't turn over, Crap..

I would soak all the cylinders, spray with WD, even Blaster maybe, let it sit before trying to break it loose, less chance of breaking something and maybe hurting the engine.. Sorry that it is int cooperating i know how miserable that can be... Good luck, you may get a surprise and it will free up in short time and be ok, maybe just a refreshing of bearings, rings and seals..

Yeah Sprayed down the cylinders. I will check it out further once I get it on an engine stand.

If you can get the rods free from the crank-knock em out and soak the pistons in diesel fuel for a few days to loosen the pins. I would bet the wrist pins are stuck. BTDT. Good luck!

Well I started pulling pistons out.. I started at the back and it looked good, until I got to cylinder #2... I smell a Stroker kit now...'

Attachments

• Son of a crank 1.jpg
    Son of a crank 1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 574
  • Son of a crank 2.jpg
    Son of a crank 2.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 563
  • Son of a crank 3.jpg
    Son of a crank 3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 583
Auto Transport Service
Back